AVIC411.com

New to AVIC 8100NEX, some questions

Just upgraded my old AVIC-Z2 to the 8100 NEX... yeah huge change... but now some questions

1) I keep getting a red bar on top saying connect a smart phone, what if I don't want to? is there anyway to suppress that message? I get it once per startup.

2) I have an ASWC-1 which has been in this car for about 2 years now, worked great with the Z2, but after switching it to the 8100NEX no wheel buttons work... is there anything special needed to be done?  It's connected the same exact way it was before... this is a 2008 grand prix base, the orange/green (they say yellow green in the instructions but there is no yellow green, only orange green) from the ASWC harness to pin A7 of the GM car harness... which is also an orange / green wire. thats how it was before and is again but no luck... tried to reprogram it but got nothing...

Just upgraded my old AVIC-Z2 to the 8100 NEX... yeah huge change... but now some questions

1) I keep getting a red bar on top saying connect a smart phone, what if I don't want to? is there anyway to suppress that message? I get it once per startup.

The software needed for that to even work has not been released yet. No way I have found to get rid of it.

As for the ASWC-1, you need to perform the reset and have it auto-recognize the radio and car again. Check the install manual on the Axxess site for how to do that.

I've mentioned this in other posts, but I've learned the ASWC-1 needs a very strong connection to work, may need to use butt connectors or solder them since twisting the wires together doesn't always work.

I also would see if there is a firmware update for the unit. Be careful if you have the older version of the unit since a normal usb cord may fry it, you'll need their usb cable for do it. Their newer versions of that unit use normal USB cords.

Not sure about the connect to smartphone thing... I can say that it has gone away for me. It used to come up but after connecting a phone, it no longer shows up even when there's no phone connected.

I've mentioned this in other posts, but I've learned the ASWC-1 needs a very strong connection to work, may need to use butt connectors or solder them since twisting the wires together doesn't always work.

I also would see if there is a firmware update for the unit. Be careful if you have the older version of the unit since a normal usb cord may fry it, you'll need their usb cable for do it. Their newer versions of that unit use normal USB cords.

Not sure about the connect to smartphone thing... I can say that it has gone away for me. It used to come up but after connecting a phone, it no longer shows up even when there's no phone connected.

I've tried pairing smart phones to it to get it to go away, but it still shows it...... probably because I have a phone that's not on the "approved" list of phones....

2) I have an ASWC-1 which has been in this car for about 2 years now, worked great with the Z2, but after switching it to the 8100NEX no wheel buttons work... is there anything special needed to be done?  It's connected the same exact way it was before... this is a 2008 grand prix base, the orange/green (they say yellow green in the instructions but there is no yellow green, only orange green) from the ASWC harness to pin A7 of the GM car harness... which is also an orange / green wire. thats how it was before and is again but no luck... tried to reprogram it but got nothing...

You should update the firmware (latest is version A23, then double check the instructions on the Axxess web site. Each car has their own little quirks when it comes to programming. Also, not all hook up with the same wires even though they might be from the same car manufacture. If all else fails, call Axxess. They have a great support team.

You should update the firmware (latest is version A23, then double check the instructions on the Axxess web site. Each car has their own little quirks when it comes to programming. Also, not all hook up with the same wires even though they might be from the same car manufacture. If all else fails, call Axxess. They have a great support team.

I had to go through the reprogram process around 10 times before it worked.... it was being VERY finikey with the programming... but it's working now thankfully

although I love how they call the orange green wire the "yellow green" wire... when it's clearly orange... only way I caught that was because of their pin out saying that it was yellow/green on pin 3