AVIC411.com

A few questions about 4100NEX

Hi,

I just purchased a 4100NEX and installed it last night. It works about 70% how I would want it to, but I'm having a few problems that I can't make heads or tails of, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

1. Android Auto doesn't really work right. I'll plug in my phone to the USB-2 and it'll work just fine, however if I unplug it and plug it back in, unless I restart my phone the 4100NEX doesn't recognize it. Even shutting off the car ignition and back on doesn't fix it, only a phone restart fixes it. I've tried a few different USB cables. I'm using an LG-G2 running a fresh install of 5.0.2. I've already installed 1.0.3 on the 4100NEX.

2. I have an SXV200 SiriusXM tuner connected, but the GameAlerts function doesn't work for MLB. I can set alerts for NBA/NFL but not for baseball. SiriusXM told me that this feature should work on this tuner/headunit combo. Only the SportsFlash function is restricted to the SXV300. If I tune to a game playing, I can tap the Artist (which happens to show the score) and a little pop up appears that asks me to select Team 1 or Team 2, however these options are greyed out.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing has changed since I installed my 4000NEX, over a year ago. We all paid top dollar for a Beta head unit, running Beta software. I would be really teed-off if i purchased mine for either CarPlay, AppRadio or Android Auto, because none of them work reliably. I purchased mine for the media center capabilities, i.e. usb, sdcard, hdmi, composite inputs available. and for the video out for headrest monitors. These all work to perfection, because Pioneer has a long experience with them. As for the phone apps, they have to work with what Apple allows, or Google allows, which is not much. Heck, Apples own IOS has required update after update on every new version, which translates to again, Beta software. Personally, I do not see it getting any better, anytime soon.

Nothing has changed since I installed my 4000NEX, over a year ago. We all paid top dollar for a Beta head unit, running Beta software. I would be really teed-off if i purchased mine for either CarPlay, AppRadio or Android Auto, because none of them work reliably.

While I agree that AppRadio was a joke, Android Auto works perfectly with my Moto X on 5.0. My only issue is that if I leave the phone connected and shut off and restart the car, a new pairing is created for the 4100NEX on my phone. But I think this has more to do with Android Auto 1.0 than with the Pioneer or my Phone.

Been using it for weeks and it has been flawless.