AVIC411.com

Where are the alerts? (Speed Cameras, Railroad Crossings, etc..)

Has anyone actually observed these alerts working anywhere in the USA? The data wasn't included in the maps for my 8000 or 8100 NEX, and they aren't listed as being included in the maps available on NaviExtras, and I don't see any reference of them being tied to AvicSync.. so just where do they exist?

-Keith

Speed zone alerts - sorta works.  Most of my local roads in FL are accurate.  Some are so accurate the alert sound at the sign.  I can't say the same for the roads I travel on in WA though.  The main road to my home there is 45mph and I have to be doing 55mph before I'm alerted. 

RR crossings alerts - sorta works.   There's a nasty RR I have to go over where I live but I don't get an alert.  A second RR I cross occasionally in town had a bridge built over it several years ago but I'm alerted there.  I was alerted of several RR crossings in the Finger Lakes region of NY.  The RR crossing in Prattsburgh, NY is alerted to but it literally hasn't been there since the early 1960's!  If the Train Depo wasn't still there you'd wonder, WTF.  LOL 

Speed cams alerts - can't help ya there.  I have them all turned off.  I also have the other alerts for school, hospitals, etc turned off.  

I have every alert enabled and only get alerts for going over the speed limit. Not a single alert for anything else.. For what it's worth I'm on Long Island

Same here, I live in Queens, but work and drive primarily the highways of Long Island.  Only alert I was getting was the alert that i am speeding.  i turned that one off right away

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, we have been discussing same thing at a GPS Brazilian forum and one folk have found the solution. In short we need to put the box in testmode by adding an specific file called testmode_a.key in a pen-drive at USB or a SDcard if yours have it. After that you will be able to access your box SO Android so it is just a matter of copy the correct file to right place and enable it at native Pioneer GPS application. The tutorial owner is ILS15 who shared it at links below. It is in Brazilian Portuguese language, but you can have an idea by the print screen pics over there. Btw, you can have the testmode file as well.

Hope it may help you to fix the issue. Let me know if you have any doubts about the Portuguese information.

Tutorial de radares

onedrive.live.com/?i...EE06D4304326&group=0

Mega
mega.co.nz/#F!aMgRzI...4QVij5K7d7x5l6tXxdvA

Cheers!

Eduardo