AVIC411.com

Where to buy 8100nex and harness adapter?

Where would you guys recommend to get a 8100nex?  I have always used ebay in the past and gotten great deals but I was wondering if i could find one for around $800 from an authorized dealer somewhere?

Also, wheres that place everyone gets there stock harness to pioneer adapters from?  Can't remember its been so long since i installed my X930BT.

Thanks

Pioneer uses price fixing tactics with their authorize dealers so it will be difficult to find one that would risk losing their authorized status to save you a few bucks. Try and find a gray market dealer that has been around for a while and will honor the warranty themselves. HookedOnTronics comes to mind.

you can find a gray market with a backed warranty on Amazon as well as you vehicle specific harness   Just go to Amazon and search.    i got a NEX 8100 from Amazon last month for $800 and couldn't be happier. Seller gave me a year warranty.  Came brand new in the box... Gray Market is the way to go... 

you can find a gray market with a backed warranty on Amazon as well as you vehicle specific harness   Just go to Amazon and search.    i got a NEX 8100 from Amazon last month for $800 and couldn't be happier. Seller gave me a year warranty.  Came brand new in the box... Gray Market is the way to go... 

I got that deal as well, new, in original box, works perfectly. I also bought a whole array of additional items beyond harnesses from various vendors, like SiriusXM module, steering wheel integration, retain original backup camera and more. I'll be happy to share the complete list if you're interested.

I got that deal as well, new, in original box, works perfectly. I also bought a whole array of additional items beyond harnesses from various vendors, like SiriusXM module, steering wheel integration, retain original backup camera and more. I'll be happy to share the complete list if you're interested.

Yes please share the list and vendor source.

I see SonicEletronix has the 8100NEX for $919.   But Crutchfiled (authorized) has it for $1299 after $100 MFR rebate.

Which one to go to?

Yes please share the list and vendor source.

I see SonicEletronix has the 8100NEX for $919.   But Crutchfiled (authorized) has it for $1299 after $100 MFR rebate.

Which one to go to?

I bought my head unit from amazon.com, prices seem to fluctuate greatly, mine was $810 a few months ago, but I see it's currently at $912.

Specifically, I wanted to retain the factory GPS antenna, SiriusXM antenna, AM/FM antenna, and rear view camera.

Here is the list of additional items needed:

I hope this helps you getting started.

RNS-510.jpg

8100NEX_1.jpg

8100NEX_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Big Thanks for the parts list. Just got done with an install. I had a question on the Camera portion though. It may have been bad translation but the adapter only has an rca video in and cables. How did you hook that piece in? Also did you look at any adapters to retain the factory usb in. The console?

Big Thanks for the parts list. Just got done with an install. I had a question on the Camera portion though. It may have been bad translation but the adapter only has an rca video in and cables. How did you hook that piece in? Also did you look at any adapters to retain the factory usb in. The console?

Not sure I understand all your questions. To #1: Can't say, the install was done in a professional shop. To #2: What do you mean by factory USB in? My car has no OEM USB ports. To #3: Don't understand.