AVIC411.com

AVH 8400-BH Video format on USB?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I signed up here because I'm literally stuck on this and cannot figure it out, even though a couple months ago I had videos playing flawlessly off the unit!

I updated the firmware, all went smoothly, then I lost my USB stick that I had connected to the second USB port, and had to buy another one to put videos on to.

I'm POSITIVE that I had the videos converted to 800 x 400 and the format was either MPEG2 or AVI, but after trying for a couple hours no videos would play, either says resolution not supported or file not supported or some crap.

Can anybody point me in the right direction here? I can provide proof that I had video playing, here's a review I did a couple years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqYznFJd18I

Your device does not support AVI.

For MPEG4, the file extension must be .mp4, not .m4v which is the Apple version. Your unit also supports .wmv files.

The files can't be copy protected.

Make sure the USB stick is formatted fat32.

Not certain which of the forums your unit is discussed, so can't point you where some who has you unit might be more helpful.