AVIC411.com

Compatibility help for a newb....

So I've been an AVIC user for years and have always loved the Pioneer Navi's. I'm now in the market for a new car and with that I've wanted to upgrade to the newest AVIC head unit as well but there's seems to be a problem in the industry right now with cars that are seemingly incompatible with aftermarket head units... I'm looking for a sedan somewhere between a nice family sedan and a luxury Sedan. I've looked at 2015 Honda Accords, 2016 Maximas, 2015 Acura TLX's, and 2015/2014 Infiniti Q50's but they all seem to have some weird dual touch screen setup that at lest at first glance would seem to be incompatible with an aftermarket unit... So I have 2 questions for you guys:

1.) Anyone know if any of these models ARE compatible with aftermarket units?

2.) Does anyone know of any newer family sedans/ semi-luxury sedans that are compatible with aftermarket Nav units?

This wouldn't be so bad IF OEM head units weren't so darned antiquated compared to aftermarket options. Anyhow, thanks so much in advance for guidance on this guys.

The key thing on aftermarket head units in newer cars is the vehicle integration adapter. If you can't get one of those for your specific year, make and model, then it will be difficult at best to install. The three big players I know about in the adapter market are Pac Audio, iDataLink, and Axxess.

You first need to make sure that they even support your car. Once you've done that, do more reasearch and find out what functions work, and what doesn't. Don't just rely on the manufactures to tell you what does and doesn't work, check reviews and vehicle specific forums for information.

To give an example of something to watch out for, with the IDataLink interface for 2012 and Up CRV, you still cannot set the clock in the car. They have had this problem for years now, and it is unknown if and when they are going to issue an update.