AVIC411.com

Android Auto no longer launching on Pioneer AVH-4100NEX / Nexus 6

I have an Pioneer AVH-4100NEX, and everything has been working fine last couple of months.

All of a sudden, when I plug in the USB on my phone, the head unit doesn't detect it (it still charges my phone through the head unit so I know the connection is there)

Even if I launch Android Auto manually on my phone (Nexus 6), it loads as if it's not connected to a head unit. Bluetooth audio/phone connection to the head unit still works.

I rebooted the phone but that hasn't helped. Anyone else having similar issues?

Also, is this the best place to post about this? I wasn't able to locate Pioneer user forums other than this one.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had this same issue, same stereo, same phone. My issue was that the green ground wire came out of the box with a very short exposure cut & appearantly lost contact with the crimped connecter I'd used. When I removed the unit went back to the green wire & used a wire stripper to make a longer exposed cut of the wire, used a new crimped connecter everything has been great again.