AVIC411.com

Any .net programmers want to work on a Z2 project?

I'm almost done documenting the entire albums, playlist, song genre etc. file format in the Z1/Z2. Just a few things to confirm with a bit more testing, and to find a public AT3 encoder.

The goal is to make a program that can manage the Z1/Z2 music library by plugging the unlocked drive to your computer using 2.5" IDE to USB connector. Add songs, delete songs, move songs, etc. Of course by doing this, you can easily fill each "album" with 100 songs, easily rename names, artists, etc. from your PC, and really make use of a huge HDD.

Any takers? If I wasn't such a shitty programmer, I'd do it myself haha.

The hard part is documenting it. I wouldn't say that I'm "that great" of a programmer, but if you have accurate documentation I don't think it would be that hard to do it. I might take a whack at it. And heck, screw .Net! I'm thinking Fortran COMMAND LINE! :) Not really, I haven't touched fortran in almost 20 years...

Well once I'm done, I'll post the entire document up here. It wasn't too hard at all, I guess my reverse engineering background helps LOL.

I was thinking .net for a nice clean easy to use GUI. I mean having a shitty GUI, might as well do the stuff on the Z2 lol. Besides, most of the guys here are having problems just doing basic stuff on the Z2, so I think the program has to be really easy to use and intuitive or nobody would use it.

I was going to get one of the guys on my team to do it, but we've got WAY too many projects on the go right now. I've got access to some huge talent at work on my IS team haha.

I'll give it a go after looking at the documentation. I've done programming in C++, C#, Basic, Qbasic, Turbo Pascal, VB, .NETs, and some others :).. done programming for military and others i can't post. I say this because even with this background,... i'm rather crappy. but always up for a challenge!

Wow DB...you bring back some very old memories. I learned on punch cards. Many, many years ago. We would punch and stack the cards, turn them in to the computer room. The computer was about a tenth the power of what I'm using on my desk right now and took up a HUGE room! We would drop off the cards, then have to come back the next day and see how the program ran. Fix any problems, turn the cards back in, and come back the next day to see if we did indeed fix it. Talk about archaic!! And we were impressed back then!!

• 2 weeks later...
Any takers? If I wasn't such a shitty programmer, I'd do it myself haha.
I would definitely be interested in something like this. I have a lot of experience with C# and the .NET framework.

Side note, have we figured out the specific codec and metadata structure of the the Z1's audio files? I've been out of the loop for a while.

• 4 weeks later...