AVIC411.com

AVIC8100Nex Maps Update issue.

I was trying to update the maps on my avic usit for a while but the support from naviextras is quite dismissive, pioneer tried thier best to help to no avail. i tried to follow the naviextras update instructions on thier site but it seems like it vague and i cant get it to work right. 

after installing the toolbox it asks to connect my avic. my stereo is in my car i figured a serial number would of been sufficient. but without it there's no download or anything.

am i doing something wrong here? can someone with a bit more experience help me out here. please, and thanks.

-s

I used a stick that was about 8gigs, and followed this....

https://pioneer.naviextras.com/shop/portal/p2howto-guide?guide=Toolbox&topic=FirstSteps

Basicly you use the HU to put folders/files on the stick... then plug it into the computer for the Navi software to download the needed files on to the stick.

once you've done that, then you put it back in the HU, and tell it to update (I think it sees it right away, I forgot now... 8)  )

THis whole process will take about 3 hours depending on how fast your download is.

I used a stick that was about 8gigs, and followed this....

https://pioneer.naviextras.com/shop/portal/p2howto-guide?guide=Toolbox&topic=FirstSteps

Basicly you use the HU to put folders/files on the stick... then plug it into the computer for the Navi software to download the needed files on to the stick.

once you've done that, then you put it back in the HU, and tell it to update (I think it sees it right away, I forgot now... 8) )

THis whole process will take about 3 hours depending on how fast your download is.

So I have to format the sdcard in the nav unit, And then user it to update? I'll have to try this tomorrow and update after.

So I have to format the sdcard in the nav unit, And then user it to update? I'll have to try this tomorrow and update after.

It doesn't work with an SD card. Must be USB only. So you'll need to access the back of the head unit in order to update. Pain in the frigging ass if you ask me...

You need to download the naviextras app on you pc, get a usb stick and read the manual on how to insert it into your nex to format and download what's needed from your nex, then start up the naviextras program on your pc, insert it into your pc, and follow the directions from your manual

Read your manual so you understand what your doing and don't brick your unit

so i updated the latest maps but it only let me update to 2014 q2, i got the unit 2 maybe 3 months ago, and dont get why its not letting me update the the latest maps. any one have any takes on this?

Not sure, you'll have to ask NAviExtras, or Pioneer, I got mine about 2 months ago and was able to get to 2015 q2.

Not sure, you'll have to ask NAviExtras, or Pioneer, I got mine about 2 months ago and was able to get to 2015 q2.

this makes things all the more frustrating. for quite some time i was trying to figure out how to update and tried to get in touch with naviextras. i have just sent them a ticket about the map version issue... we'll see what they say.

this whole process has left much to be desired.

this makes things all the more frustrating. for quite some time i was trying to figure out how to update and tried to get in touch with naviextras. i have just sent them a ticket about the map version issue... we'll see what they say.

this whole process has left much to be desired.

Panasonic's latest map, guarantee only last for 45 days after the first GPS fix the unit gets.  If you try after this period you will need to purchase the map updates. Sorry for the bad news, you may want to look at the development thread for the cracked maps process.