AVIC411.com

Firmware update failed?

When I was doing the freeze up update, it did the 92/92 file update then said "System update failed" it rebooted then installed a 1/1 file and then said "System update completed"....

Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure if it affected anything yet. I checked the version number and it appears to have updated..

Exact same thing happened to me. I will continue to test it to see if it is good. But I do know that all that locking up was about to make me throw it out the window!!!!! I hope this fixes it!!!!

Hmm, I had this happen to me last night, it was cought in the continuous reboot loop. I took the drive out and ran it without the drive till I imaged a new one at work today. When I popped it in I got a 1/1 update screen and the thing booted right up. I guess I'll try my old drive and see if it's ok. This replacement drive I got from work reboots the Z2 every once in a while.

Oddly enough, the EXACT day I get the email update regarding the firmware update from Pioneer, my Z1 starts skipping tracks in the library mode and then just comes to a halt on the Pioneer load screen. (What are the chances....) So I download the firmware update and apply it. Everything seems to be going according to plan until it reboots after the update is complete. It just cycles through "update failed" and "loading Pioneer navigation" for my whole ride to work. Finally, driving home that evening, (after still cycling through those messages for about 10 minutes), It randomly completes the update and starts working again. Now I did the update prior to reading this particular thread, otherwise I would have burned the disc at a slower speed. I used Roxio to burn the disc at max speed on to a JVC disc. The update did complete however with the newer firmware number.

• 2 weeks later...

Well received my disc from Pioneer today and the install went well.

I guess time will tell, been cool here lately, but I've found hot or cool it can lock up any time when the HD get's hot. when mine would lock up I'd open the screen and feel the HD and it was extremly hot. If I left the screen open when I parked it it seemed to help.

Just my input.