AVIC411.com

Is anyone happy with their Z2??

I have been reading about all these freezing problems and it has made me a little hesitant on getting this unit.

I live in NJ and it gets rather hot in the summer.

Is this an issue that is going to happen no matter what, or are there some of you out there that this has never happened to.

I spoke with the dealer who would be putting it in for me and he said he has put about a dozen in so far and has not had one come back yet.

It is a love hate relationship for me...

I like the features that it offers...but I hate the fact that Pioneer Tech support sucks. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

The freezing issues have been going on for over a year. They denied all of it up until recently. Many people have had the units stuck in repair/shipping longer than they have been able to keep them in their vehicles.

The techs need to be a little better at troubleshooting the issues at hand so that they can get properly diagnosed and repaired properly the first go around.

The freezing issues have been going on for over a year. They denied all of it up until recently. Many people have had the units stuck in repair/shipping longer than they have been able to keep them in their vehicles.

How could the freezing issues been going on for over a year when the z2 just came out this April?

I can't think of one thing that I don't like about it....

it took me very little to figure out how to use....as well as it's easy to use while driving, although I do have steering wheel controls that do just about everything I need...

sound quality...EQ...DVD playback...all are on par...

POI...and just general Nav operation is easy....and looks awesome(especially compared to my BMW's)

voice command works great (a little slow) but very smart...

touch screen is actually nice....you do have to hit the buttons with a little authority....but I think this helps from hitting the wrong buttons on bumpy roads...

the CD ripping is awesome...in which I thought that you had to listen to the entire disc to rip...not so....it rips at about a song per minute...and is usually done by the 4-6th song...in which there is good intelligence built in there as well....it will continue to rip after a restart...it realizes if the CD was already ripped before and will not rip it again...I wish ITunes had that functionality, instead of creating copies....but it also gives you an indicator as to how much more it has to rip....I also thought that it would not rip burned disc....not so....there hasn't been one disc that I own that it won't rip...whether a burned copy, or an original...

vehicle dynamics is freaking cool....my speedo broke not that long ago...and this screen comes in handy at least until I fix the speedo....it's very accurate and fast...and the accelerometer is fun...the voltmeter is cool to know as well...

the only thing would be the freezes....though I haven't had any issues with mine yet....but Pioneer's patch is looking like it may be the answer