AVIC411.com

D3 & iPod Touch

Well the thing is, Apple couldn't give half a shit how many ipod accessories other companies sell, because that doesn't really make them any money. So they change it so you have to use Apple's accessories if you want the ipod to work right. Which makes it so you have to use their accessories instead of another company's, making them more money. It's actually kinda smart from a marketing standpoint.

Well the thing is, Apple couldn't give half a shit how many ipod accessories other companies sell, because that doesn't really make them any money. So they change it so you have to use Apple's accessories if you want the ipod to work right. Which makes it so you have to use their accessories instead of another company's, making them more money. It's actually kinda smart from a marketing standpoint.

Apple actually makes money on every cable made for the iPod. The connector/cable has a patent. Anyone that makes a cable must pay Apple a "spiff" for everyone produced. I don't recall the exact dollar amounts, but it something like $3 if it just charges, and $5 if it charges and plays audio.

I just got my ipod 30 gig 5.5 generation off of the fed ex truck , took it put some music videos and some music on it, hooked it up to my d-3 , flawless it plays videos on my d3 with only the cd-1200 cable and IT LETS ME TURN THE VIDEO OUT OR ON OR OFF.

i`m fealling great 8)

When did you order?

I ordered mine from apple last night and don't know when to get it. Couldn't wait

Anyone able to confirm if the new Cover Flow feature on iPod Classic etc will display on an Avic-D3 correctly and can then be controlled using the Avic's touch screen?

Thanks.

Cheekster.

No, that is a limitation of the D3. It will never be possible wirhout a firmware update to he D3.