AVIC411.com

2017 v7 Mod: Nag Screen Removal Z, X, and F series

my headunit history...

Hardware Z110BT

FW / map updated to 120, then 130

I also had the nag screen removal. Never saw it again.

I updated to the 2017 maps today. Works fine.

Performed the manual delete/copy/paste to perform the nag screen removal. Still saw the nag screen. I think I replaced the file in the wrong folder. Completely missed the part saying "if the file is not present...."

Performed the script that commando provided.

The nag screen no longer appears while booting or when going to the nav screen, but I still see it when I browse to my ipod (via Pioneer ipod cable), just the first time. Luckily i only appears once, until I shut it off and turn it back on again. Was this expected on this version of the nag screen removal?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, murphdawg said:

my headunit history...

Hardware Z110BT

FW / map updated to 120, then 130

I also had the nag screen removal. Never saw it again.

I updated to the 2017 maps today. Works fine.

Performed the manual delete/copy/paste to perform the nag screen removal. Still saw the nag screen. I think I replaced the file in the wrong folder. Completely missed the part saying "if the file is not present...."

Performed the script that commando provided.

The nag screen no longer appears while booting or when going to the nav screen, but I still see it when I browse to my ipod (via Pioneer ipod cable), just the first time. Luckily i only appears once, until I shut it off and turn it back on again. Was this expected on this version of the nag screen removal?

I have the same hardware (Z110) and i use a wired iTouch with the 30pin connector. I have never seen a nag screen using my iTouch. Are you using the iPod app (source) or are you using App Mode?

Although I can't read the message, I've never seen that screen. I have two thoughts.

1. It is possible that commando's navi.exe file did not patch all the calls to "nag" screen instances. You could manually copy my patched navi.exe to both prg0 and prg1.
  2. Sometimes weird things happen after a firmware update. You can do a hard reset by disconnecting the battery for ~30 seconds.

If neither of those fix it, I've got no ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 7:45 PM, RonS said:

Although I can't read the message, I've never seen that screen. I have two thoughts.

1. It is possible that commando's navi.exe file did not patch all the calls to "nag" screen instances. You could manually copy my patched navi.exe to both prg0 and prg1.
  2. Sometimes weird things happen after a firmware update. You can do a hard reset by disconnecting the battery for ~30 seconds.

If neither of those fix it, I've got no ideas.

Tried manually copying after you suggested. This did not fix the issue. I will try disconnecting the batter some time in the next couple days. 

If I can't get the iPod to work I may try one of my external hard drives. The first one I tried this morning didn't work. the hu couldn't connect to the USB device. Hopefully one of my others does. I'll be missing my cover art though. If none of that works, I may just get a new head unit. The new Pioneers seem to have a good user interface.

Thanks for your help Ron

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/1/2018 at 5:38 PM, commando528 said:

In an attempt to give back instead of continually freeloading, here is a modification of RonS' ShortFuse script coupled to the patched Navi.exe in post #2 that was used successfully on a Z110BT after upgrading to the 2017 v7 US/Can Navi Maps.. .

Instructions (almost verbatim, just copy&pasted with appropriate edits).  Held off directly attributing the post, lest anyone mistakenly tries to hold him liable:

"Here is the easy way to install the NoNag hack with no TestMode,  editing or patching involved.

Moderator note: WARNING: Only run this script if you are already running v7.0 firmware (2017 maps).  I did a binary file comparison between US and EU (v7.0) NAVI.EXE and they are identical. So these files may also work for F series units. Since the original files are copied to the SD, if there is a problem you can manually un-do this using TestMode. You could also copy the V7 NAVI.EXE from the 2017 update files.

Just download this attached zip, unzip, and copy the 3 files to the root of a blank fat32 formatted SD. When you insert it into your AVIC it runs a script that will backup both your existing Navi.exe files, then overwrite them with a patched one."

When you insert the SD, it will prompt you to press any key (button) to continue - or - turn off the ignition to abort.  If you decide to abort, just turn off and on your unit - then eject the SD. Nothing on your unit will have changed."

Same rules apply:

• Contains the special scripting-specific version of TESTMODE.KEY
  • Deletes the TESTMODE.KEY immediately after initialization to avoid overwriting the original Navi.exe back-ups created on the SD from the unit itself (labeled Navi.ex0 & Navi.ex1), if the card is left in or reinserted again.
  • Can't hold me liable either.

Navi_NoNag_Script.zip

I just ran this on my recently updated (to V 7 -- 2017 maps) AVIC-X920BT unit and it worked great. You have both restored my faith in benevolent hackers. Thank you both so much! Having that nag screen gone will save my sanity. The Nag screen probably will cause more car accidents because of frustrated drivers so you are saving lives! :)

On 1/13/2019 at 6:19 PM, QB89Dragon said:

For anyone looking to disable safe mode (soft parking brake hack) on the 2017 firmware, I've found the updated byte offsets when editing Navi.exe.

offset 0x15AF98 from 02 00 56 E3 to 09 00 56 E3.

offset 0x15AF84 from 01 10 A0 E3 to 00 10 A0 E3

This has been tested on an X9310bt.

Awesome! Is there an easier script version or step by step how to do this out there? I would like to disable safe mode but I'm a noob at this stuff and I'm concerned I might edit it wrong. I have the 2017 updated AVIC-X920BT.  Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/03/2018 at 7:38 PM, commando528 said:

In an attempt to give back instead of continually freeloading, here is a modification of RonS' ShortFuse script coupled to the patched Navi.exe in post #2 that was used successfully on a Z110BT after upgrading to the 2017 v7 US/Can Navi Maps.. .

Instructions (almost verbatim, just copy&pasted with appropriate edits).  Held off directly attributing the post, lest anyone mistakenly tries to hold him liable:

"Here is the easy way to install the NoNag hack with no TestMode,  editing or patching involved.

Moderator note: WARNING: Only run this script if you are already running v7.0 firmware (2017 maps).  I did a binary file comparison between US and EU (v7.0) NAVI.EXE and they are identical. So these files may also work for F series units. Since the original files are copied to the SD, if there is a problem you can manually un-do this using TestMode. You could also copy the V7 NAVI.EXE from the 2017 update files.

Just download this attached zip, unzip, and copy the 3 files to the root of a blank fat32 formatted SD. When you insert it into your AVIC it runs a script that will backup both your existing Navi.exe files, then overwrite them with a patched one."

When you insert the SD, it will prompt you to press any key (button) to continue - or - turn off the ignition to abort.  If you decide to abort, just turn off and on your unit - then eject the SD. Nothing on your unit will have changed."

Same rules apply:

• Contains the special scripting-specific version of TESTMODE.KEY
  • Deletes the TESTMODE.KEY immediately after initialization to avoid overwriting the original Navi.exe back-ups created on the SD from the unit itself (labeled Navi.ex0 & Navi.ex1), if the card is left in or reinserted again.
  • Can't hold me liable either.

Navi_NoNag_Script.zip

RonS & commando528

Just ran on my AVIC-X940BT unit and it worked! Thanks

(V 7 -- 2017 maps) 

• 8 months later...
13 hours ago, Easttimour said:

Hello!!
@Rons

PLEASE ASSIST! :)

First of all, u rock as so does this website - its awesome. :cool:

Is there any mentioned mods/apps applicable for avic RZ-05?

Thank you,
Tim.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the MRZ series. I see lots of posts regarding them (mostly about changing the language), but it isn't an area of interest for me.

• 1 year later...

I'm new here but I just wanted to say, if you're out there, thank you. To everyone who worked hard on this and all the other interceptions to reclaim property which is already ours. You guys are heros. Your labor is still being used and appreciated to this day. May fortune and prosperity find you happy and content. Cheers. -Nathan

Ps. Hats off to RonS. A more true hero there never was.