3 replies to this topic

#1 RonS

RonS

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 1615 posts
  • LocationBelleair Beach, Florida

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:33 PM

For those who have installed the 2017 release (v7.0), here is the Nag Screen Removal hack. Requires  supertestmode.zip (unzip it; copy TESTMODE.KEY to your FAT32 SD). 

This should work for Z110, Z120, Z130, Z140, X920, X930, X940. It should also work for F-series comparable models and likely others that have v7.0 firmware.

This is dangerous - especially for noobies. Make a backup of any files you change - in fact making a backup of all files under \USER is a good idea. It is very easy to accidentaly delete files or whole directories in TestMode. Copying and Pasting files is a real PITA and is very error prone. I recommend watching the YouTube video by JasonH on using TestMode (even though he calls it HackMode for historical reasons). Do not install Hackmode!

Note: Install the 2017 map update before installing this hack. Do not change the file on the 2017 installation SD. If you do, the installation will fail. You will get the dreaded "Wrong SD" error.

Note: I have no way ATT to verify that the F series NAVI.EXE is the same binary, so it would be helpful if someone could verify the bytes below are correct at that location. If not, more research will be necessary.

Make a copy of the NAVI.EXE file on the 2017 update SD (in \UPDATE\USER\PRG\APL) to patch.

Then using a hex editor (such as HxD):
  at offset 0xBEC18  
  change 05 00 00 0A   to   00 00 A0 E1
and save the file.  HxD also has a binary file comparison that can  be used to make sure that only the above 4 bytes were changed.

Then use a separate SD with TESTMODE.KEY and the patched NAVI.EXE on it. With your headunit turned on, insert the above SD. It will boot into TestMode.

Go into File Maintenance.

First, you need to identify the "active" set of files. There are two \USER\PRGx directories on your HU. The active one is indicated by the presence or absence of a file named \USER\PRG.FLG  If this file is not present, the active application files are in \USER\PRG0\APL. Otherwise, the active files are in \USER\PRG1\APL. From now on I'll just call it the Active directory.

The goal is to replace the Active NAVI.EXE with the patched one using File Maintenance. Since TestMode will not allow you to overwrite an existing file, you need to delete the one already there.

Using TestMode, go to the Active directory and delete NAVI.EXE. Then go to the SD and select the patched NAVI.EXE and select Copy. Then go back into the Active directory and select Paste. It might take a minute to complete.

Then remove the SD and reboot your headdunit. The app should start and allow you to see the map without presenting the annoying Nag Screen.

#2 RonS

RonS

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 1615 posts
  • LocationBelleair Beach, Florida

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Here's a pre-patched version of Navi.exe. Unzip then follow the instructions above to install on your unit. I can only recommend using this replacement file on North American units at this time. If you want to try it on F Series units, please report back if it works. Keep a backup of your old file just to be safe.

Attached Files

#3 bompa

bompa
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

Hi RonS, I have succesfully remove NAG SCREEN on my F922BT, here's a my pre-patched version of Navi.exe for  F Series units only

Thank you so much!  And good luck with Irma!!!

Attached Files

#4 seth_space

seth_space
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

Using the testmode.key but the paste function is highlighted but i can not select it.

So i deleted the navi.exe in the user/prg0/apl

i copied the navi.exe in my sd card

go to the apl directory

but the paste function does not work.

EDIT:

Solved... my god what a mess is this interface.. but hey.. it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users