AVIC411.com
RonS

2017 v7 Mod: Nag Screen Removal Z, X, and F series

my headunit history...

Hardware Z110BT

FW / map updated to 120, then 130

I also had the nag screen removal. Never saw it again.

I updated to the 2017 maps today. Works fine.

Performed the manual delete/copy/paste to perform the nag screen removal. Still saw the nag screen. I think I replaced the file in the wrong folder. Completely missed the part saying "if the file is not present...."

Performed the script that commando provided.

The nag screen no longer appears while booting or when going to the nav screen, but I still see it when I browse to my ipod (via Pioneer ipod cable), just the first time. Luckily i only appears once, until I shut it off and turn it back on again. Was this expected on this version of the nag screen removal?

1 hour ago, murphdawg said:

my headunit history...

Hardware Z110BT

FW / map updated to 120, then 130

I also had the nag screen removal. Never saw it again.

I updated to the 2017 maps today. Works fine.

Performed the manual delete/copy/paste to perform the nag screen removal. Still saw the nag screen. I think I replaced the file in the wrong folder. Completely missed the part saying "if the file is not present...."

Performed the script that commando provided.

The nag screen no longer appears while booting or when going to the nav screen, but I still see it when I browse to my ipod (via Pioneer ipod cable), just the first time. Luckily i only appears once, until I shut it off and turn it back on again. Was this expected on this version of the nag screen removal?

I have the same hardware (Z110) and i use a wired iTouch with the 30pin connector. I have never seen a nag screen using my iTouch. Are you using the iPod app (source) or are you using App Mode?

in fact. I haven't gotten the ipod to play yet since the map update. I can go to the source input on the hu, but it's basically blank except for the forward / play / reverse buttons.

Although I can't read the message, I've never seen that screen. I have two thoughts.

1. It is possible that commando's navi.exe file did not patch all the calls to "nag" screen instances. You could manually copy my patched navi.exe to both prg0 and prg1.
  2. Sometimes weird things happen after a firmware update. You can do a hard reset by disconnecting the battery for ~30 seconds.

If neither of those fix it, I've got no ideas.

On 7/12/2018 at 7:45 PM, RonS said:

Although I can't read the message, I've never seen that screen. I have two thoughts.

1. It is possible that commando's navi.exe file did not patch all the calls to "nag" screen instances. You could manually copy my patched navi.exe to both prg0 and prg1.
  2. Sometimes weird things happen after a firmware update. You can do a hard reset by disconnecting the battery for ~30 seconds.

If neither of those fix it, I've got no ideas.

Tried manually copying after you suggested. This did not fix the issue. I will try disconnecting the batter some time in the next couple days. 

If I can't get the iPod to work I may try one of my external hard drives. The first one I tried this morning didn't work. the hu couldn't connect to the USB device. Hopefully one of my others does. I'll be missing my cover art though. If none of that works, I may just get a new head unit. The new Pioneers seem to have a good user interface.

Thanks for your help Ron