AVIC411.com

New to forum, need camera help

hi to all, i have been lurking on this forum and find it very helpful with all the info i have retained, thanks in advance.

I own a 01 audi s4 and have the avic z1. I am looking to get a rear view camera.

The ones i am interested are:

Pioneer NDBC2

Pioneer NDBC20PA

or VTL 300 (the camera that is built into the license plate frame)

Can anyone give me their opinions which one i should go with, are there any other better cameras that i should look at. All the help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Myself, bobmun, and several other members have purchased from this seller. He sells on eBay, but ships out immediately and the price for the backup cam is right :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Backup-Camera-o ... dZViewItem

No need for the $400 Pio cam you were contemplating.

Do you have to do any cutting to your plate for this one? I have seen some cameras that you have to notch your plate and I do not want to have to do that. Also, is it a ccd camera?

Thanks

Do you have to do any cutting to your plate for this one? I have seen some cameras that you have to notch your plate and I do not want to have to do that. Also, is it a ccd camera?

Thanks

I didn't install it myself, one of the fantastic members here had done all the install for me. But if I remember correctly, he was able to just have the wire routed between the frame and the plate to an open spot to be able to wire it to the inside of my vehicle.

And yes the VTL300 is definitely CCD, not the horrible CMOS lol

I did not have to notch the plate either. As far as Barney's I have purchased a couple more items from them never a problem. I use a couple of different cameras on my trucks I like the Boyo over them all. I bought an excellent plate cam from tillithz also works great.