AVIC411.com

weird stuff with the arrow on map d3

ok here is my problem. I will be driving down the road and on my map I am going down the correct road but my arrow is pointed in the wrong direction. like if I am going west my arrow will point north,south, any diretion but the way I am actually traveling. I have re set the unit twice and still no luck. my vss wire is also not hooked up. I called pioneer and they said my gyro is bad and I have to return my unit does this sound right to you guys please let me know what you think I need some help.

yeah I have the mazda I actually have the car in my garage I am trying to hook the vss wire to the instrument panel and I have everything apart and I still can't seem to get the pulse, where does the reverse wire go to?, when I go to 3d calibration will you hear the pulse once u are moving or when the car is running?

When it is moving. You will see the speed sensor signal number start climbing.

What I did was look at the reverse light wire that plugs in for the light. I "think" mine was green/orange(?). I then went to the passenger kick panel and removed it and looked at the harness that has the wires coming into it that came from the rear of the vehicle. Once I saw the same color wire, I put a volt meter at that connect at the harness and put the car in reverse (with parking brake on) and if It read a voltage with it in reverse I knew I had the right one. Also be sure to check that there is not volts when it is in park. I then tapped into that wire.