AVIC411.com

Z2 P-Brake warning?

i grounded the parking brake wire and put a wire into connector two on the bottom right hand side of the four open connector slots. and ran the bypass the dvd's play while driving. did i do something wrong? i will try resetting the unit. and another question is the hd unlock capable of getting rid of the warnings? thanks for the help guys. sorry if a bunch of these have been answered already.

the reset got rid of the parking brake error. thanks guys. what about the hdd hack that is supposed to get rid of the other warnings?

Yah, where did you hear about that?

Not unless you can decompile someone elses code and edit it and understand the whole system with no help... unlocking the drive will not get rid of the other warnings.

Unlocking the hard drive lets you add backgrounds to the stock backgrounds and edit the boot image and lets you make backups to your PC in case you want to tweak files and try to break something :) You can also update your Z1 to a Z2 with the right Z2 image files. Other than that, not much call for unlocking your hard drive.

alright then just thought that was what i was reading on some of the other threads. thanks anyways guys

Unlocking the drive does let you put MP3's on to the hard drive. Actually you can put MS word docs on the hard drive as well.

But the big thing which goes along with it.... you want to put MP3's on the hard drive and then have the library function list them so you can play them. That second part is the hard part. The library importing is kind of complicated to keep people from just transferring mp3's to the hard drive, (thanks RIAA!).

It's going to take a complicated program to not only re-encode the mp3's into AT3's but then create the play list files and load them into the drive correctly.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10015

This was thought about back in early 2006 and so far no one has cracked the format, although rage2 says he is close.