AVIC411.com
Sign in to follow this  
ArtistWithView

4400NEX & Carplay

Has anyone had success using CarPlay and the 4400 NEX? When I use CarPlay the location icon is about 40 miles behind of where I am located. This happens with a wireless connection and a wired connection. I have not updated the firmware yet.

Yes, the GPS antenna is plugged in. I am using an iPhone 7 with the latest iOS. I have read on other forums that others have the same problem after updating to the newest OS while others do not. I just updated the Pioneer firmware to 1.0.1 as some have reported this fixes the issue. 

scott_O - it is good to know it is working on your system. Did you update to the 1.0.1 firmware?

To answer your question, the problem shows up in both Google Maps AND Apple maps.

I also have an AVIC U280 Navigation module hooked up to the 4400 - it was installed as part of the package on my RV. The AVIC U280 navigation tracks perfectly. The 4400 does not allow the U280 & CarPlay to operate at the same time, so I don't think there is a conflict there.

22 hours ago, ArtistWithView said:

scott_O - it is good to know it is working on your system. Did you update to the 1.0.1 firmware?

I did yes, but I had no such issues before updating. I tried Apple maps today and it worked normally too, so all three navigation apps work for me, sorry you're having issues, maybe reset the unit.........