AVIC411.com

D3 camera turns on when starting car plz help.

No I didn't because I wanted it to have power all the time not just when in reverse. If I hood it up to the reverse wire will I be able to use the camera when going down the road towing something?

No, he didn't say hook it up to the reverse wire. He said did you hook up the reverse wire from the d3 to your vehicles reverse wire?

Yes. Did you read my previous post???

whtcrxghst

1000 Club

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the navigation views is rear view. Rear view gives you full screen view from your camera even when you are going forward

No I didn't because I wanted it to have power all the time not just when in reverse. If I hood it up to the reverse wire will I be able to use the camera when going down the road towing something?

ok, this poor guy is getting way too many different answers. in a nutshell, the red wire from the camera does go to accessory. the black wire from the camera does go to ground. the d3 reverse wire (purple/white) goes to the vehicles reverse wire. (in your truck, should be black/pink in drivers kick.) that is the proper wiring. it will allow you to view the camera while driving by switching to rear view mode. it will also automatically switch to camera view when in reverse. you do not need to use an a/v input or try to trick the unit. it is meant to do exactly what you want it to do. it sounds like your d3 reverse wire is connected to something that it shouldnt be. try checking that and make sure you connect it to the reverse wire if the car. also got to settings as mentioned before make sure camera is turned on and polarity is set to positive