AVIC411.com

D3 camera turns on when starting car plz help.

I 99 expedition with the factory mach system. I installed the D3 and have the boyo 300 camera. When I start the truck the camera comes on and seem like it locks for a few seconds. I have the red wire to ACC and the black wire is grounded did I do something wrong. Oh and its plugged into the camera lead from the D3. any help would be appreciated.

PS. Thanks for all the useful info, this site ROCKS. :D

One of the navigation views is rear view. Rear view gives you full screen view from your camera even when you are going forward

I want to be able to have the camera on all times, not just when in reverse. I do a lot of towing. If I hook it up to the reverse wire I will only use it in reverse right? I know people on this site have there's powered on at all times.

Something is wrong then with my set up. I originally the camera on a/v 1 but it would always default to the camera on vehicle start up and almost seem like it froze . I couldn't switch to any other input for about 5 seconds. I have the camera off right now and just turn it on and off as needed but I don't like doing that. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? I think it's something with the AVIC-D3 unit.

One of the navigation views is rear view. Rear view gives you full screen view from your camera even when you are going forward

I want to be able to have the camera on all times, not just when in reverse. I do a lot of towing. If I hook it up to the reverse wire I will only use it in reverse right? I know people on this site have there's powered on at all times.

I got mine connected to the camera input, power to acc and ground, and I can see the camera when switch to reverse. My question is how do you access "Rear View". I seen it at the demo at the store and a little bit on the manuel, but I don't know how to access that. Please, thank you.

Something is wrong then with my set up. I originally the camera on a/v 1 but it would always default to the camera on vehicle start up and almost seem like it froze . I couldn't switch to any other input for about 5 seconds. I have the camera off right now and just turn it on and off as needed but I don't like doing that. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? I think it's something with the AVIC-D3 unit.

bro, try checking you polarity in "Camera" setting. Make sure your setting is either Battery, if it is, switch to the other one, GND

Connect it to the camera plug and shouldn't be a problem.

Ok I will make things clear. I have my boyo 300 camera plugged in the camera cable from my AVIC-D3. the red wire is going to the ACC and the black wire is grounded. If I have my Ipod screen up and turn off my truck, when i restart my truck the camera comes on first. this happens when the vehicle is in park. and freezes for about 5 seconds.