AVIC411.com

I don't understand the IP Bus, will this player work?

I'm guessing the ipbus cable would let a pioneer head unit control it... but I personally wouldn't buy it. Looks like a P.O.S. to me. I'd rather buy something made by a reputable company, even if it costs a little more. In short... you get what you pay for.

I would try and speak to some local dealer about the functionality of the unit before you buy it...

Reason I say that, is Pioneer has a six disk DVD changer but it uses the IP-Bus and the AV-Bus... So, it is "incompatible" with the D3... The D3 only has the IP-Bus and not the AV-Bus...

So, my initial concern would be, you will have to hook this DVD player up to the IP-Bus and to one of your AUX video inputs to view movies...

1) Will the IP-Bus control tell the D3 to auto switch to the AUX video when you play a DVD???

2) Will the IP-Bus control DVDs and CDs or just CDs???

3) Right now you get 4-speaker surround sound from the D3 when you play a DVD in it... Will you get the same from the audio coming through the DVD player's IP-Bus or does the IP-Bus only handle L/R audio???

4) More and more questions...

If you can talk to someone or get a copy of the manual and get some of these questions answered, it might be worth looking into...

True, it is low cost and from a third-party company, so yes, buyer beware... But, I have bought crap from Apple and HP and Dell before too...

Personally, I'd drop $300 on it if I could get acceptable answers to the above questions... But, that is just me...

Good luck,

Mark

IT DOESNT NEED AV-BUS. I DONT THINK THE D3 EVEN HAS AN AV-BUS PLUG.

ive used the pioneer 6 disk changer (not the indash one) with a d3 hooked only through p-bus and video cable and it works great.

i think this unit will "work" with the pioneer the only quistion is will it read dvd's well and will it skip all the time. and also how long till the motors go bad on it

Yeah, I guess you do get what you pay for, I saved a hundred bucks on a CD changer many years ago and had nothing but problems with it (Audiovox I think). Also if this did work seamlessly with Pioneers you would think they would have made it pretty obvious in the description. The ebay one looks a little more interesting since it states that it has the Pioneer adapter (great, another black box to hide) does anyone own one?