AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 iphone TV/Video Out

Yes but it will not output video unless it is connected with the newer Apple authentication cables

are there even newer cables available?

i wanted to get a new classic (for the added space) - but i opted against it because of no d3 support

does pioneer now make a cable that supports the new ipod? if so, how do i know im getting the correct cable when i order?

The ipods and iphones (including the new classic) use the same old ipod cable connectors for music. I use my iphone for ipod connectivity using the pioneer ipod cable and it works like a charm. all functions work great.

For video (TV out) First pick up an apple composite AV cable ($50) and either:

Plug them into your AV2 input cables on the back of the D3. You'll have to extend them for quick access, or;

Pick up a miniplug av cable which plugs into the front of the D3. This has an AV miniplug on one end which breaks out to 3 RCA connectors on the other. Then use 3 RCA female/female "bullets" to barrel the Apple cables to the Miniplugs cables and plug right into the front of the D3.

By the way, the iPhone bluetooth connectivity works awesome as well.

I can send anyone a quick diagram if need be.

Forgot to mention that nothing on the ipod/iphone audio or TV out requires 'authentication'. HDMI and some DVI signals utilize HDCP authentication but that's mostly in the HDTV/Cable box/DirecTV world. None of that business is even remotely utilized in the D3.