AVIC411.com

Need password to update using Method 2.

I looked through the entire site and can't find any info on my particular problem. I downloaded the ISO file posted by Hyperite and burned it on a disc, this part works fine. I did the 2-wire grounding and that is fine. I inserted the update disc and I press Map. The unit reads the CD and then asks me to update? I click YES and then while reading the CD for about 1 min, the unit asks me for a "Pioneer Password" to continue with update, it give me a "YES", "No",& "CANCEL" button. I clicked on YES and it asks for a long password, then i tried the NO, then it shows me a DeviceID # and a OK button. if OK is pressed it takes me back to the "YES", "NO", "CANCEL" screen, then tried the cancel and just kicks me out. What is the password to update the unit to allow my to bypass my Z2 using method 2? No one has posted this problem and I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? Is my HDD locked and doesn't allow for updates? let me know if anyone out there has a possible solution.

I haven't seen anyone say they needed a password if they were just updating their Z2. Only Z1 users needed the password.

Does your software version read 1.000000 or 2.000000? If it reads 1.000000, you have a Z1, not a Z2 and would have to purchase the upgrade disc from Pioneer to get a password.

Of course there are other ways of upgrading if you have a Z1, just look around the stickys at the top of this section.

I looked at the version and it does say 01.000 but the unit is a Z2. I guess it has the old software in it. I assume then I have to update the software with the lates 0.2.000 software to upgrade it?

All i want to do is bypass the driving lockout. I just want to watch my DVD's while driving. Do I have to do all of this updating to watch my DVD while driving? can I just follow another procedure to watch my DVD?

if anyone has some input, let me know.

thanks

GOT IT WORKING!!!! :):):)

I just wanted to thank Ducatiboy for his website and give me the proper instructions. I had the older version and all I did was just install the blutooth update CD that is available on his site:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

once I installed this update, I did the 2-wire grounding and Voila!!! all working great.

Thanks for all the tech support, this site is amazing. Now all I have to do is try my bluetooth paired phone and see if the echo is gone :)

thanks guys.

Oh jesus, you posted about it AND PM'd me? Christ, ok, new mandate, I'm not replying to PMs.

Sorry Hyperite, I was just a little confused and I asked others what they thought. sorry for the confusion but I got it working and wanted to thank you guys for helping me out.