AVIC411.com

Confusing to say the least Z2 thread only please

Z2 question....NO Z1 references please!!!!

Just shelled out a cool 1500 PLUS install for what seems to be a sub par head unit. Why does it need all the dern mods/hacks??? OK, with that being said, I followed the STEP BY STEP instructions for the 2 wire bypass, tried Step 2 - NOTHING, here's what happened... inserted the disc - CHECK, recognized CD-ROM inserted ... pressed the MAP key, waited ... it then gave me the "want to update" option, selected yes again ... waited....waited...waited...then it gave me the "select YES to update after reboot......" and did NOT give me the option to actually select yes, I can only select NO ... so what am I missing here??

Also, when you follow the instructions on this site to the ACTUAL 2 wire bypass, the images are from a Z1 harness, this REALLY got me confused!!

Here's all I want this simple freaggin unit to do ... play DVD's while I drive, change the destination while I drive, upload songs to the HDD (which I cannot even access on the "settings" screen - grayed out), and play them instead of lugging around my iPod - hell, the reason why I bought this was to have the HDD to load music onto, and finally change my background images from time to time.... that's it, why does it have to be so difficult to do this???

So could someone please help and map out ALL I need to either download, ground wires, put in a disc, etc....

I read read and read and still can't seem to get a DIRECT response to the Z2's without someone putting up info on a Z1 ...

Thanks if ANYONE here can help someone out!!!

First...Those pictures are of the Z1 because Pioneer didn't change ANYTHING between the Z1>Z2 except software, so there was no reason to take new pictures. Follow those instructions on how to do the 2-wire bypass even though the pictures say Z1

Second...Sounds like you may have a bad burn of the "patch" or something. Try a different burning program, or slower speed, or different type of media

I've made 5 copies ... using Nero Burning ROM SE ... burn the image etc... I'll change the speeds and see if that helps, but the main thing is that it doesnt give me the option to select "YES" when I get to the screen that mentions rebooting

I'm reading and reading and wondering if I need to do that bluetooth CD before I do all this. I still can't figure out what all I need to do to accomplish those few tasks either

Go into your hardware settings and make sure whoever did the install actually hooked up the parking brake wire correctly. When it's on you should see it say the parking brake is on when it's up and off when it's down obviously :). If you don't ever see it turn on when you pull up the brake they messed something up.

Go into your hardware settings and make sure whoever did the install actually hooked up the parking brake wire correctly. When it's on you should see it say the parking brake is on when it's up and off when it's down obviously Smile. If you don't ever see it turn on when you pull up the brake they messed something up.