AVIC411.com

Dazed and Confused. Do I need update software or not?

OK, so inorder to do a two wire by pass and my unit was manufactured in July 2007, is it necessary to update the software on the AVIC Z2?

No one will be able to tell you the answer to this until you actually try it. Pioneer made the software change sometime in July. Some July units were bypassable without an update, others weren't.

Do the two wire bypass (you'll have to do it with or without the update and it won't hurt the unti if you do it either way). If your unit is bypassed after you are done, then congratulations, you don't need to the update.

If you still aren't bypassed, you'll need the update.

Thanks so much for the information. I already tried the method 2 update from hyperite (stickied at the top of this forum) and got the message "update disc already updated". Does this me that I that I already have the correct software to do the two-wire bypass?

Sweet. Thanks so much for clearing this up. I had actually tried to find the answers to these questions by searching through the posts for quite some time before posting my question. Perhaps this kind of basic info should be stickied at the top, preferably editing hyperite's original post on this subject?