AVIC411.com

2-ohm stable?

I am sorry to say that if you run run it at 2 ohm the unit will not work properly for any length of time at any decent volume. the internal amp will get very hot and the unit will go into thermal protection. It may work ok at low volume on a cooler day but think about amps that are not 2 ohm stable, they get very hot which is not good for the electronics. May I ask why you want to go 2 ohm with a hu?

option 1: replace all speakers with aftermarket spkrs.

option 2: use the interface kit for the bose system.

may I ask why you don't want to use the bose amp? the amp is already set up with internal xover and eq points that are designed for the interior acoustics of your vehicle that you won't have with the d3.

no hotwyrd I haven't tried it, just knowing how an amp reacts to a 2 ohm load when it is not designed for it. also knowing that most people like their favorite song played loud, air movement restrictions inside of dashes that could help keep the radio cool as well as outside temps. yes I am sure that the unit will play into a 2 ohm load but is it really a good idea? being in retail nothing is worse than when a customer comes back telling you that there is something wrong because the sound keeps shutting off, and that there must be a short somewhere and as an installer you know that the unit is going into protect mode and turning the volume down for a little while will help the unit cool down. people don't like that answer usually. I am not trying to be a d**khead or to sound like one so please accept my aplogies if I do. I try to not put myself in a position that may get a customer upset, (nothing worse than that). also the bose system has some design circuitry for vehicle specific applications and will sound different with out their electronics. kinda like taking separates and using caps instead of the designed xovers because someone thinks the xover points should be different than manu' s design.

So I guess ,can it be done- sure, is it suggested- not in my shop.

IM PRETTY SURE DISTORTION IS THE WHOLE REASON FOR THIS THREAD

his factory stuff sounds like crap though the factory amp sooooo. wiring it at 2 ohms is actually a fix for this problem. tru its not the optimum load for the pioneer deck but noooorb already explained he didnt want to replace the factory speakers. (i understand his prob cuz im a cheap bastard as well) i personally have expirience using 4 pioneer avic d3's and dodge/chrysler premium sound systems. all have been installed for more than 6 months and the oldest one has been in 2 separate dodge cars with 2 ohm speakers. another thing to mention is that since theres front door speakers and front dash speakers you can wire them at 4 ohms

yes there are down sides to doing this and yes naturally a deck designed to be used at 4 ohms is going to have more distortion at 2 ohms but this is the most cost effective way of fixing your problem.

2 ohm is fine as long as your listening at a volume where the speakers are not distorting. In other words, don't have the loud on full, bass all the way up and listening to heavy bass music. The same would apply to any ohm load.

Personally, I would just integrate and let the external amp deal with it. What year, make and model is the car?

Just plug in the RCA's, wire up the matching power and turn-on wires and your done.

===============================================

there you go, what I said in an earlier post. use the adaptor for the bose system. I am sure that the d3 preamp section will sound much better than the factory hu as well as the d3 having a higher pre amp signal which will drive the amp better and you get the designed xover and equalization circuits that were designed for the room acoustics of the vehicle.