AVIC411.com

Just curious...we've been a Sirius subscriber for years, so it's not the content I'm disappointed with....it's the poor Sirius song title/artist/genre display common with most Sirius-equipped head units.

Why is it that Sirius seems to lag so far behind XM when it comes to providing good display functions? I'm told (never seen them, but I've read about them that XM displays are much better than Sirius. (Station logos, scrolling artist/song titles, etc.).

Another question...does anyone know if, should Sirius get around to providing a new Pioneer box, they would provide added functionality to existing head units like the Z2?

It sucks because its not made by Sirius or Pioneer. Its made by a third-party that doesn't have access to Pioneer when designing it. The XM box is made by Pioneer

As for a new box, they are changing designs in the next generation. They are going to a "Universal" tuner, and then a cable adaptor for each individual aftermarket company. Our Pioneer rep says that won't happen til sometime next year, and that more PNR2s will be available until then

Actually they are out now.

Pioneer doesn't make them, a company named Directed Electronics.

They work nice, and give you the same display ALMOST as XM does.

Now you could drop Sirius, and just go out and buy the new XM peace..

That would give you the features you are looking for a better SAT Radio,

In my honest opinion, XM is a far better choice...

As I have taken a lot of training on both...

And find the XM to be FAR FAR better.

Just my opinion.

In your extensive training, they didn't teach you that the cable to adapt the new Sirius tuners (SCC1) to Pioneer radios isn't out yet? So how do you know what the display looks like?

I have both services, and prefer Sirius, but thats always going to be a personal preference. I could live with either

I, too, could probably be sorta happy with XM....but my new F-150 came with Sirius, and I'd rather not have another hockey puck on top of the truck. (I'm told XM will work with a Sirius antenna...but you'd lose some functionality...can't remember what).

My music generes are available on both XM and Sirius, but I don't want to lose the NFL that Sirius has.

Sounds like we're at the mercy of Pioneer on this, eh?