AVIC411.com

Avic-N1 in JEEP GR CHR pls help, Maps, Software

Hello guys, just received my N1, have not installed yet. Maybe tomorrow. I have some questions

I have version 1.2 40mt discs.

1) Did the ground wire bypass

2) downloaded the 70mtp east torrent, but correct me if I am wrong I could not find the west disc?

3) Is it possible to burn a dvd of 70mtp maps with the oldest N1 software? (1.2 40mt) I mean I don't want to do the soldering method to bypass but just want to update the maps to see the newest roads. Is it possible? If yes how?

4) Any of u installed on a JEEP with the infinity sound system, I don't know Which way is better? Using the infinity amp with the outputs of N1 or without the infinity amplifier.

5) Do I have to connect the Extension lead for the speed signal? don't know how and where to connect it?

Thank you very very much for your replies...

I would definetly use the factory amp if you are integrating the factory speakers. I have a montero with the upgraded infinity system and there was NO WAY to integrate the two tweeters plus the sub and 4 midrange by using just my N3. It was going to be WAY too much work and way too much money so instead I just ordered a METRA wiring harness and it was a simple plug and play application from the N3 to the factory RCA's to the amp and now all my speakers work properly and my stereo sounds perfect.

And, about the speed signal, I ran mine without being hooked up for a long time and the nav was only so-so. i found myself driving off the road on the nav and when I stopped the nav didn't always stop. Sometimes it just kept going and it really got out of whack. Once I hooked up my speed sensor, it works flawlessly and is soo much more accurate. I would never run without it again. So, take the time to hook it up and you'll be alot happier.

Thank you very very much man, but do you know how and where am I going to hook it up?

And for the amplifier connections, I have the wiring diagrams, if I just connect the cables do you think is it going to work. Pioneer amp outs are 2volts but I dont know about the infinity aplifier. Thanks a lot

The VSS wire for a Grand Cherokee WJ is located behind the instrument cluster. Its the orange with white stripe, you will have to use a splice crimp to connect the two. Also make sure you connect the illumination wire to activate the night mode screen on the N1 its located on the main wire harness with the head unit, which sould connect to the same color wire (orange) as the interface adapeter to the factory radio harness.

As for the infinity system amp, unfortunately my installer fried my amp and he had to bypass the amp and direct connect to the wires. I guess I have to add an aftermarket amp, ohhh whellll :)

I just connected the unit to my jeep without audio connections, watched a dvd and just viewed the map etc...

Now I just need the N1 cage/sleeve, found 1 on ebay $27shipped. do you know any cheaper than that?

Then I tried to connect to the jeep infinity amp, I used one of the n1's audio out and connected a front speaker but I was hearing a static sound or sth without even powering the unit? It was like the fan sound of N1

now it scaret me, dont know what to do. pls help

Thank you very very much man, but do you know how and where am I going to hook it up?

And for the amplifier connections, I have the wiring diagrams, if I just connect the cables do you think is it going to work. Pioneer amp outs are 2volts but I dont know about the infinity aplifier. Thanks a lot

I had NO problem hooking mine up. I used the metra wiring harness which if I remember correctly turns my N3 into 4 rca outputs. (one for each set of speakers, LF,RF,LR,RR and somehow the amp gets a bass signal out of that to the sub) If you pull your factory deck out this is what you should see. So, just hook the metra into the N3 and the rca's to the factory ones in your truck and your set! piece of cake. If you need help specifically with your truck though, I'd search the jeep forums because I gaurantee someone will have done what your trying to do already.