AVIC411.com

Bypass problems HELP!!

o.k so i have followed the instructions very carefully. i have also rechecked everything 3 times. sometimes the bypass works for a bit but then shows error message that park brake cable connection problem has occured. I switched the mute wire and grounded it to the harness ground, i also grounded the park brake cable to the same ground. I did not however connect the speed pulse wire to anything, is that part of the problem? what else coud it be? do i need to ground the wires to a metal ground on the truck with a different connector? any advise would be great, oh i also already tried the reset button, but did not do any good. any help would be great thanks.

p/s. i have the d3 and am installing in a 2006 f 150.

Sincerely,

Jared Monez

i grounded the 2 wires to the ground in the wire harness. i also have an amp, but its grounded to a metal ground, would that change anything?

No the amp has nothing to do with it...it can only be one of two things that can cause your problem, bad ground for your brake and mute wires, or the yellow mute wire isn't making a good contact with the pin of the d3. Make sure the mute wire didn't pull out (harness) during the bypass and install.

I am assuming you move the mute wire to the correct location.

yes, the mute wire has been moved to the correct location and it slid right in, and is still in and has not come out, it never clicked thought. how do i make it click in. what tool is used to install the pin in correctly. all my grounds are good too. I have checked them and redid them 4-5 times already to be sure. is the a particular way the pin should go in the new hold, like whats top and whats the bottom. the way i tried it it slid right in, and seems tight, but i tried fliping it and it seemed to tight to go in??? thanks

yes, the mute wire has been moved to the correct location and it slid right in, and is still in and has not come out, it never clicked thought. how do i make it click in. what tool is used to install the pin in correctly. all my grounds are good too. I have checked them and redid them 4-5 times already to be sure. is the a particular way the pin should go in the new hold, like whats top and whats the bottom. the way i tried it it slid right in, and seems tight, but i tried fliping it and it seemed to tight to go in??? thanks

It sounds like you have the mute wire in ok, you have a short somewhere...are you using a metra harness, if so check that...also if you have any splices in your lines double check that as well.