AVIC411.com

How to install the GEX-P10XMT??? ANYBODY? :(

Okay I bet this has been covered numorous times BUT I searched and couldn't find nada. This is my problem. I just got my XM Navtraffic device and now plannin on installing it. This so called intructions Pioneer supplys with it is useless to me. I'm not hookin up the Bluetooth just yet So do I have to install both the IP-BUS and the DATA cables AND what about the POWER SUPPLY wires??? Does that need to be connected as well? Im hookin it up straight from the XM Navtraffic device straight to the AVIC-D3.

What do I do. Thanks in advance

Yes, the P-Bus and the Data cable both need to be hooked up...if you are going to subscribe to the actual navtraffic service. If you are not, then there is no need to hook up the data cable just yet, not until you get the traffic service. And yes, you need to hook up the power and ground wires. Does that answer your question?

Yes, the P-Bus and the Data cable both need to be hooked up...if you are going to subscribe to the actual navtraffic service. If you are not, then there is no need to hook up the data cable just yet, not until you get the traffic service. And yes, you need to hook up the power and ground wires. Does that answer your question?

Yes u did answer my questions and thanks a lot. Its just that the so-called manual Pioneer sent with the product just SUCKS. Thanks again.

Oh wait I got a 2001 Civic EX was wonderin if u know where a good place to put the Navtraffic device???

Well, you have to decide where you can, and want to put it. In my car I have it in the console for now. Along with my Sirius receiver and Ipod. I am going to relocate it this winter though to the trunk where the factory RCU went for my car. Luckily the GEX-P10XMT is not too big, so you should have a few options. If you really want to find a place I would go to a Honda forum and see where people installed their.

Install is pretty easy and yes connect your Ip Bus cables thats a given if you use Xm Navi or Not. I had to run with Yellow wire into the Z1 power and tap into that and then ground the install on my Seat bolt which worked very well.As you can see from the pictures below my xm traffic brain is under my seat.

DSC000361.JPG

DSC00038.JPG

Thanks a lot guys. Installed mine in today with no problems until I realized Im a have to get extention cables so it can have plenty of room to be in the trunk. Question, when I hooked up the XM Navtraffic device but yet to order it will it be highlighted in the AV mode menu or will it be blocked out? The XM is highlighted but jus has promo playin.

The traffic functions can be accessed though the navi menu or the traffic button on the screen. The source menu won't change from where you have it now

Thanks a lot guys. Installed mine in today with no problems until I realized Im a have to get extention cables so it can have plenty of room to be in the trunk. Question, when I hooked up the XM Navtraffic device but yet to order it will it be highlighted in the AV mode menu or will it be blocked out? The XM is highlighted but jus has promo playin.
The traffic functions can be accessed though the navi menu or the traffic button on the screen. The source menu won't change from where you have it now

But what I wanna know is should the Traffic option located on the AV menu be blocked out since I havent orderd that service yet or should I be able to access it even tho its not activated???