AVIC411.com

Waiting to Purchase, want input

I have read a lot and would just like some thoughts as to whether you guys recommend the Z3! I am also looking at the Kenwood 7100, but hait the interface.

Basically, the reviews on the Z2 appear to be mixed at best. This makes the huge purchase questionable.

Let me know after the updates and such, do you recommend the product, or should I wait for another unit?

I made a mistake in the post. I didn't mean the Z3. I meant the Z2. I guess I am just asking how do folks like it? Has the new software made a difference? I have read about hard drive crashes when the car gets to hot, to the screen goes blank when you start to drive.

I was hoping for more positive responses from users across the net, but the feedback is very very mixed. In comparison, I really dislike the interface of the Kenwood 7100, but beyond that, users seem to love it.

I am also considering pairing the Alpine W205 with their new removable Nav the Blackbird 2.

1. if you plan on using your ipod a lot don't expect to be very pleased with the interface.

2. If you plan to upload a lot of your CD's to the hard drive you may want to read about some of the issues with gracenote

3. If you plan on using the BlueTooth feature, make sure your phone is supported.

I'm not very impressed with the Z2 overall, but that being said it was the only thing on the market at the time with the features. :(

Thanks for the input. I don't use an Ipod (believe it or not :D ). So I was wondering if I already have things tagged in my PC I would just transfer them via my MP3 player, which gets passed the Gracenote issue, no?

Thanks for letting me know about the Bluetooth issue. I will check to see if my phone will work 1st.