AVIC411.com

Avic D3 Wiring for 05 Chevrolet Trailblazer

I have a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer with Onstar, etc. I don't believe I have bose. The 6 disc changer that came stock with the vehicle was bose; however, I know there is not an external amplifier,etc. I also have controls on the steering wheel. What harness do I need to keep all of my factory controls and abilities and associate them with the D3? Also, where can I purchase this harness? I'll take pictures and post them as soon as the install is complete. Thanks for any help you can provide!!

You need to find out for sure if it has an amp. Trailblazer XL is on the left rear side, normal trailblazer it's on the right rear, behind the panels. You could write down the vin nmber and call the dealer, they should be able to tell you if you can convince them to look. The factory amp is digital turn-on, so definetly need a module/harness.

Metra gmos-01 for non amplified, gmos-04 for amplified. Steering wheel controls would be Peripheal peswips.

You will need a Peripheral electronics GMAH24 interface, a GMAHCM chime retention module, a Metra 40-GM10 antenna adapter, and a PE-SWIPS steering wheel interface. If you DO have a Bose system, use the GMAH24B instead, and you won't need the GMAHCM. Your statement that the factory 6-disc changer was Bose leads me to believe you do have a Bose system. Was that an in-dash changer?

Yes, it was a factory 6disc in dash changer; however, I tried to install a factory Navigation unit from GM that was meant for my year vehicle but the dealership said since I dont have a bose amplifier installed that I am unable to install the navigation unit. So, I bought this Avic system. I am thinking that the Bose was built into the 6 disc changer and that the vehicle doesn't have an "external" amplifier somewhere else in the vehicle. Thats why I'm trying to find out what all parts, modules, harnesses, adapters, etc I will need before I install it this weekend.

In that truck, the head unit did drive the speakers directly. The factory nav unit relies on an external digital amplifier to drive the speakers. Also, the factory nav units are VIN locked to the vehicle they came from, so, to bypass the security feature, you need a buddy at the dealer.

If you had the 6 disc in dash changer, you have a factory bose amp. best way to know is to listen to the dash speakers. If you hear something there, you have bose. Nothing then no. Make sure to use the correct interface to retain on-star.

Also VSS is green/white in the 4th pin in on the guage cluster plug.

Illumination is brown in the main harness under the steering wheel, test this as there are several brown wires. You want the one that goes to 12v when the parking lights are on, and 0v off. 8)

Thats interesting.. I had a buddy at the dealership clear the theftlock and marry the factory navigation unit to my vehicle. It worked perfectly, just no audio out of the speakers.. .. Audio came out of the speakers, but so quiet you couldn't hear it at all, nothing was driving the audio. Dealership told me that the reason it was doing that was because the navigation unit was bose, and I didn't have a bose amp. That is why I'm curious, and want to make sure I get the right equipment to run my new Avic D3.

There are basically two bose systems for GM out there. One is basic, for Silverado, Tahoe, Trailblaizer, etc. and then there is premium bose for H2, Escalade, Denali, more upscale vehicles. With standard bose, if you remove the factory radio, you will lose chime and the radio sends 4ch of audio information to the amp. It crosses over everything, amplifies it, and powers the speakers. Premium bose on the other hand sends a digital signal from the head to the amp, and the amp takes care of volume, fade, chime, eq, everything. You cannot interchange the radios. Most vehicles that came with factory nav also had premium bose. The only one I can remember that did not was the Suburban LTZ with nav and RSE.

At any rate, I think the trailblaizer was only available with the standard bose system, and if you have the 6 CD changer, you should have bose.

Ok, since we've came to the conclusion that my vehicle is the trailblazer lt, standard audio then that means I need a Peripheral electronics GMAH24B interface, a GMAHCM chime retention module, a Metra 40-GM10 antenna adapter, and a PE-SWIPS steering wheel interface. After I get those, my system will be ready for install?