AVIC411.com

Hi guys I have recently got this stereo less than a month ago and just realized there is an HDMI micro port on the back so I am trying to connect something to the stereo like an HDMI switch or something so I can plug multiple HDMIs into it. As of now I do not have my VSS wire plugged in, I have my GPS thing plugged in the back, and I have my parking break wire just grounded at the moment (I ordered a triple pulse bypass just in case that was my problem) but for some reason I cannot get the HDMI to connect! I got a standard micro HDMI to HDMI from best buy and I am trying to connect it to my raspberry pi that I have arcade games on. I know that signal from the pi isn't an issue because I was able to use an HDMI to RCA converter and then RCA to 3.5 mm and view video through the aux port as it read in the installation manual. When I'm playing it I occasionally get the message "viewing while driving is strictly prohibited in the front seat or something" like if I move it around. Although I'm not driving or anything and the video quality is very meh through that aux port. I'm wondering if it should be simple plug and play or if I'm missing a setting or something. I tried doing the hold the corner thing in source off mode to bypass it that way but haven't been successful pls help! HDMI just stays grayed out like it doesn't recognize an input

On 8/21/2020 at 1:20 PM, bonee said:

do the video bypass first. And for HDMI to turn on. something has to be input the signal. not just pluged in. has to be outputing a video. I have mine plug in to my S20 Ultra.

Thank you dude and yeah I did have a signal coming into the HDMI I had my note 10+ plugged in and I tried my PI. I had heard of this and attempted it but I guess I just suck at the timing I'm going to try again thanks

On 8/24/2020 at 2:53 PM, SnoopsLePoops said:

Thank you dude and yeah I did have a signal coming into the HDMI I had my note 10+ plugged in and I tried my PI. I had heard of this and attempted it but I guess I just suck at the timing I'm going to try again thanks

One thing I can tell you about doing the bypass - they make it seem like you gotta be quick triggered.  That's just not the case.  Do a ten second hold - then a pause - then set your finger in the 2nd position.  I must've tried it 100x - then I watched the video again and noticed the pause.  Worked on my 1st attempt after that.

As to the HDMI - if you've got the parking brake on ( assuming no bypass ) then you should have video on the screen if you outputting a signal from something.  I'm not really familiar with the note 10+ - does it have an hdmi output or were you trying to screen mirror over a usb-c??

17 hours ago, jmarkoff1 said:

One thing I can tell you about doing the bypass - they make it seem like you gotta be quick triggered.  That's just not the case.  Do a ten second hold - then a pause - then set your finger in the 2nd position.  I must've tried it 100x - then I watched the video again and noticed the pause.  Worked on my 1st 

I agree. When I used the stopwatch, I failed at least 20 times, then just counted in my head, got it on the first try