AVIC411.com

GPS antena

well according to MECP standards, you are supposed to put it on your dash. that is why they supply you with a metal square to stick on your dash. since there are multiple GPS satellites, and GPS signals are pretty strong, the antennae do not need to be mounted externally, just line of sight to the sky. It will go through glass, plastic, etc. just not metal. Make sure you use the square they give you, since it provides a ground plane for the antenna. I personally have mine under the plastic dash pad, sitting on top of a large metal structural brace in my dash, so you don't see it, and it works flawlessly!

well according to MECP standards, you are supposed to put it on your dash. that is why they supply you with a metal square to stick on your dash. since there are multiple GPS satellites, and GPS signals are pretty strong, the antennae do not need to be mounted externally, just line of sight to the sky. It will go through glass, plastic, etc. just not metal. Make sure you use the square they give you, since it provides a ground plane for the antenna. I personally have mine under the plastic dash pad, sitting on top of a large metal structural brace in my dash, so you don't see it, and it works flawlessly!

same here....used the magnetic install pad as well...works great.