AVIC411.com

NAV map DVD with music files on D3?

I just got my D3 few weeks ago. I'd like to figure out the way to use only one DVD for navigation and the music. In this case, I don't have to swap between map and the music. Is it possible to burn a copy of the NAV DVD with mp3 files in order to use only one DVD for both purposes.

I searched the forum but didn't find the info. I also used Nero to copy all the files from the NAV DVD plus some mp3 under a separate directory. The system only reads the mp3 not the map.

Thanks for the help.

Not possible, since the unit will not recognize the nav disk as a media source, it will only use the disk for navigation. Or it will only recognize the media files and disregard the nav info. Or it wouldn't recognize the disk at all.

Get an ipod or satellite radio. Or a CD changer. Or all of them.

if you really want to spend money get a dvd changer that way you will be able to play dvd cds but they are expensive and you will have cds again my oppinion get the ipod cable (45$ CDN) its worth it the ipod integration is great but still a little upset that i cannot select to see all the songs on the screen

Huh? You can't see the songs?

if you really want to spend money get a dvd changer that way you will be able to play dvd cds but they are expensive and you will have cds again my oppinion get the ipod cable (45$ CDN) its worth it the ipod integration is great but still a little upset that i cannot select to see all the songs on the screen