AVIC411.com

this HDD cannot be used

OK...You can go ahead and tell me I'm a dumbshit....I really have no other excuse....

So I had this GREAT idea to unlock and open up FTP of my Z2 drive by means of a modded Xbox...I searched and searched, did my research...etc....went to unlock, I dug and dug, but got absolutely nowhere....started to scratch my head, popped the HDD back into my Avic, to find "this HDD cannot be used"

came back here...and dug and dug...and what would you know....a post I have never seen before(the search doesn't work very good)%$#%$#%#%$#

anyhoo...found this...

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=90

so now I suck with an unusable drive....any idea on how to fix it? my guess is that the Xbox actually did unlock it, may have even re-wrote it's eeprom for the drive? And the Avic doesn't speak the same language?

BTW...before I get flamed for it...I knew first hand that I could brick my rig....but I insisted on trying it out....I really want to see what's on that disk...

u can fdisk and clone the Z2 image again. if ur HD is lock then unlock it and go from there

OK...just so I get a good/clear idea...

What you're saying is to slick the disk...download a fresh image from a torrent....

pay to unlock the drive....then write the image(torrent) to the disk?

OK...am I in the dark here?

From what I can understand, what I have done, is unlocked my HDD with my modded xbox. Made the mistake off turning the box off while the drive was unlocked...and because it never disabled the security(I think I tried), when the xbox shut down, it relocked the drive, rewriting it's eeprom. That's ok, cause I backed up the original, before doing all of this.

Now what I have is a Avic drive locked to a Xbox, and the reason why the Avic won't run it? If you haven't figured it out yet, this is my weakness..But I did have it visible in Windows(Vista) last night(via USB), just couldn't read it, but disk manager saw it, and reported it's size...So I assume it was unlocked at that point.

This is kinda aggrivating me, as I think I have all the tools...from what I gather, the audio is being ripped as Atrac...well this seems simple enough for me.... I have Sony Vegas Pro8 that can encode to Atrac, or really anything that I want.

I guess they make it this way for a reason. :wink: I guess I'll try to unlock it via the Xbox again, but this time, either try to disable the security, or pull it before it locks. If I can't unlock it at will, then I figure I'll just give up on the project...I'm not interested in paying for un-locks...only if I work myself into a bind, and can't figure it out.

Where I'm getting confused, is if the drive locks every time I fire it up in the Avic. If the security is disabled, the Avic won't read it right? Or does the Avic just re-enable the security?