AVIC411.com

Using Avic D3 US Version in Europe.

Hi, I ve read a lot about this but i still did not find any answers (So sorry for this post if there is still no fix)

I live in Europe and i bought an Avic D3 from US, and as everyone knows the Navi system (And also the radio step problem!) doesn't work, so my questions are :

1) Is there a way to change the Navi region code (from 1 to 2) or to put it as free region code ?

2) If I burn the european map cd as region free (with dvd decrypter or similars) will it work ?

3) Are there any changes to the Eu Iso i can do to make it working in the Avic D3 US Version ?

Thank you very much for all the answers u will give!

Marco

I very soon got into problems since I can not change the region on the disc! Normaly I can change region with DVD decrypt but not on this disc, so my question is.... are you sure there is a region code on the disc? The navi dvd is a dataDVD (and not a DVD movie) and as far as I know it's not possible to put a regioncode on datadiscs :)

So maybe there is other reasons why the US player will not play euro discs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You can not encode a data dvd with a dvd region. There are programs out there that allow you to change the dvd region of any dvd drive, no matter what it is in. Just like your computer you have x amount of times you can change the dvd region though, unless you hack it. I would say there is something hardware related that is picking up a byte on the EU dvd and not allowing it to work. Go here http://club.cdfreaks.com/ and post your question, if it can be done the answer will probably come from them. I recommend using anydvd and rip the disc to your hard drive and then start looking and see if something come up about a license or such. Burn them in nero as ISO and try them.