AVIC411.com

3D Hybrid Mode??

I have my VSS hooked up but why when i go to the 3D Calibration Setup screen, it still shows "Simple Hybrid Mode"??

From what I read on the manual, if VSS is connected, the NAV system should be able to use the "3D Hybrid Mode" for improved accuracy.

Anyone else having this same issue?

I have my VSS hooked up but why when i go to the 3D Calibration Setup screen, it still shows "Simple Hybrid Mode"??

From what I read on the manual, if VSS is connected, the NAV system should be able to use the "3D Hybrid Mode" for improved accuracy.

Anyone else having this same issue?

You probably have not connected the VSS to the right wire. As soon as I switched wires when I was only getting Simple Hybrid, it immediately went into 3D Hybrid.

As you said earlier your vehicle dynamics work, it really has no relation. You can literally leave the pink wire disconnected and still have it work.

My only recommendation is to find a forum that concentrates on your specific car and someone might have figured it out in the audio section. Or call your car manufacturer and they might be able to help out.

Wrong again. You don't get a prompt if your VSS is not connected. You get a prompt if your ebrake is not connected properly

beeps? No I don't hear any beeps. However I do know that if it is not connected, it will pop up a message when you go into that screen. I didn't get this message.

No dice....I checked everything and nothing is loose. So I took off the tap and re-tapped it. And I drove around and I heard the beep sequence ONCE and it was gone and never came back.

After asking around people with my car and this nav, they said the VSS signal has to be real strong or else it will reset. Basically he was saying the counter will keep going up when receiving strong signal but once it is lost, it will go back to zero. In order to use 3D hybrid, the counter will count to a certain point and then it will automatically switch to that mode.

Could i have a faulty harness or what?