AVIC411.com

2 wire bypass pertaining to "new" Z2 systems

I know that the updated disc is not needed to make the bypass work. However, according to the instructions of one of the thread on how to bypass the Z1, it says to take the mute wire if not needed and connect it to the lower right empty pin socket. My question is, is this still needed for the new Z2? What is that empty pin socket for?

• 2 weeks later...

One of them is not full from the factory. Find an installer that knows what he is talking about

ill take pictures if i can. i think my installer said that all 3 connectors had full pin wire slots. so thats where ppl trying to do the bypass is having problems. the instructions say to look fo rthe 4 right side empty pin slots, but if they are all full, then it makes it hard to find.

I believe the recommendation to use the 'mute wire' was included to ensure that you have a solid connection to ground on the corner pin...and trust me, you need a 'solid connection'

The four corner pins have no metal connectors inside the plug. By pulling an un-used wire from another pin and inserting it in the corner location you get a nice solid connection for grounding.

I just installed a June 07 Z2 in my Saab and only did the 2 wire bipass. Everything seems to be working just fine. I've driven about 400 miles and have not had any prolems. although ( if it matters ) I haven't hooked up the speed sensor.

So I guess I would try the two wire and if you're having issues, then update with the disk.

twoie