AVIC411.com

Updating JUST THE MAPS

I'm OK with the Z1 in general (able to use flash bypass), but only want the new maps. Original Z1 map dB is so incomplete!

Can't only the map partition from the Z2 be copied to the Z1?? I realize this might mean the HDD removal. Is the 'updated' software for the Z2 required for the new maps? Also, I am aware that the new map upgrade from Pioneer does remove the bypass ability.

Is it possible for a work-around specific to just the updated maps like has been done for the entire Z1 ---> Z2 upgrade?

Why wouldn't you just want to completely upgrade to the Z2 software :?: You can still bypass, its just done differently

I'm OK with the Z1 in general (able to use flash bypass), but only want the new maps. Original Z1 map dB is so incomplete!

Can't only the map partition from the Z2 be copied to the Z1?? I realize this might mean the HDD removal. Is the 'updated' software for the Z2 required for the new maps? Also, I am aware that the new map upgrade from Pioneer does remove the bypass ability.

Is it possible for a work-around specific to just the updated maps like has been done for the entire Z1 ---> Z2 upgrade?

Why wouldn't you just want to completely upgrade to the Z2 software :?: You can still bypass, its just done differently

I was just trying not to have to do yet another bypass. The headlight flash works just fine!! Why do a 2 - 4 or 12 wire bypass when a simple flip of a switch works just fine.

So ......... transferring just maps won't work, or more importantly has been tried and most definitely won't work?

Nope, you're stuck OR you're gonna have to switch to the bypass that doesn't require a simple flip of a switch ever after you do it once

Man ............. I will limit all future Pioneer purchases. The factory units (including music storage) are so much more convenient. Last Pioneer I purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
Agreed, because of this forum and the support, and the instructions on how to bypass, and how to update, I am more likely to purchase another Pioneer unit in the future.

So, like, its really cool to use lots of add-ons and wires, and bypasses JUST to get the usability that a standard nav system should have ........... right?

You have to be kidding me. Are you brain dead?

I also appreciated this site .............. but NOT because of the inherent wonderfulness of the Z1/2. But because of the resourcefulness of the American public ....... their ingenuity!

Anyone want to disagree?