AVIC411.com

Question for visitors:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="G-Wagen"]Saw all the hacking posts on 12volt.com in regard to the avic-n2 back grounds, just love it - but no clue how to do it myself!
Thanks Jason and all the other guys involved here - what a great site!

Karl[/quote]
Hey Karl,

No need for hacking on the N2 to install custom backgrounds. Just burn the backgrounds you want to a folder called "BG" (without quotation marks) onto a blank CD, and put 100MB of non-mp3/music files (i.e.- just junk data that you can find) into the main directory of the cd, and pop the cd into your N2 and load them up via the menus
[quote name="PaisanNYC"] [quote name="G-Wagen"]Saw all the hacking posts on 12volt.com in regard to the avic-n2 back grounds, just love it - but no clue how to do it myself!
Thanks Jason and all the other guys involved here - what a great site!

Karl[/quote]
Hey Karl,

No need for hacking on the N2 to install custom backgrounds. Just burn the backgrounds you want to a folder called "BG" (without quotation marks) onto a blank CD, and put 100MB of non-mp3/music files (i.e.- just junk data that you can find) into the main directory of the cd, and pop the cd into your N2 and load them up via the menus[/quote]

Thanks for your reply!
What kind of background files -jpg ? - what size ? which menus ?
Sorry, I'm just old & slow......
Karl
[quote name="G-Wagen"]Thanks for your reply!
What kind of background files -jpg ? - what size ? which menus ?
Sorry, I'm just old & slow......
Karl[/quote]
There's no such thing as being old. Just experienced :lol:

The pictures should be jpg, and use the resolution of 500x240. I believe one you insert the data CD-R, go into the navigation menus, select the tab that says "Settings", and there will be a button there that says Backgrounds or Wallpaper or something. Sorry I couldnt remember specifically, but you will know which button once you see it.
If you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask!

Happy New Year :D
[quote name="PaisanNYC"]
The pictures should be jpg, and use the resolution of 500x240. I believe one you insert the data CD-R, go into the navigation menus, select the tab that says "Settings", and there will be a button there that says Backgrounds or Wallpaper or something. Sorry I couldnt remember specifically, but you will know which button once you see it.
If you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask!

Happy New Year :D[/quote]

Thank you again, I downloaded the N3 manual last night and actually found the precedure in there. Just came back from drive to test the N2 solder mod and everything is working as is supposed to....
I will try the BG pictures thing next year.....tomorrow!

Thanks again and have a Happy New Year / Guten Rutsch ins Neue Jahr :lol:

Karl
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I found this site on ebay. I was looking to see how much the d3 would go for on ebay and some guy from this forum posted a link to here about bypassing. Awesome! From coming to this site, I found the awesome crutchfield deal and bought it from there. This site rocks!!!