AVIC411.com

Worth upgrading?

Looking for suggestions, 

I have a 8000nex, I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth upgrading to 8500 or 8600 or not. The map features look the same. I’m aware of the now wireless CarPlay for iPhone. Are there any other new features on any of the newer models that I’m missing that you love? Thanks Joe

I have the 8600 and I wanted it for screen size and the wireless CarPlay. I had an issue with the first unit from Crutchfield, problems with wi-fi connections. They swapped me a new 8600 NEX and had no connection issues after that. Til last week I updated my iphone iOS 15,4,1 and then notice they had released Firmware 3.0. After trying to do the firmware update on the 8600, I have had nothing but connection issues, so I am waiting on Apple to come up with a bux fix. So the software has been a nightmare for me. Not alot of info there for you but that's about all I got. the wireless CarPlay is pretty nice when it works right. Nice screen on the NEX 8600- 10.1 screen

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 1:16 AM, josney88 said:

I have the 8600 and I wanted it for screen size and the wireless CarPlay. I had an issue with the first unit from Crutchfield, problems with wi-fi connections. They swapped me a new 8600 NEX and had no connection issues after that. Til last week I updated my iphone iOS 15,4,1 and then notice they had released Firmware 3.0. After trying to do the firmware update on the 8600, I have had nothing but connection issues, so I am waiting on Apple to come up with a bux fix. So the software has been a nightmare for me. Not alot of info there for you but that's about all I got. the wireless CarPlay is pretty nice when it works right. Nice screen on the NEX 8600- 10.1 screen

I wanted to come back for an update. If you are having connections issues and you have an Iphone, go to settings, scroll down to the CarAVAssist app and check to make sure cellular data is on(showing green). For some reason I guess when I updated to IOS 15.4.1 it defaulted to OFF. Since I enabled it, I have no connection issues and the 3.0 update started almost immediately. 

• 4 months later...