AVIC411.com

Anyone know when Pioneer will release update disks for D3

Soon i hope, because this thing is terribly out of date. I just went on TeleNav's site and informed them of all the 5+ year old roads in my area that aren't in their database. I really wish Pioneer would just use NAVTEQ like everyone else. For anyone that finds something out of date, please do us all a favor and go HERE and inform TeleAtlas.

Wow, this thing is really disappointing. Tried it on my way to my moms today. First it was going to have me drive right past her road, so i turned anyway. Then it wanted me to turn off of her road, make a loop and come right back to the exact same intersection. I just ignored it, and it knew exactly where her house was. This thing makes no sense at all. Love the radio, hate the maps. TeleNav = Teh suck

Yes. The latest update disks work for models that came out 6-8 years ago

Are the discs for the new models usually backwards compatible with previous models? This is my first Pioneer nav unit. I assume so since pioneer's site just lists discs for with and without HDD. Just wondering how long i can expect updates to be available for this...