AVIC411.com

SWI-PS Problems

Hi,

I have a 2005 chevrolet cobalt ls, after a few problems occurring after the avic d3 install, everything seems to have been corrected, except I am using a SWI-PS Switch Module for my steering wheel audio controls. The steering wheel controls mainly source, mute, and volume down work when the car is turned onto ACC, but if you start the car, you lose those functions. Seek, Band, Presets, and Volume up work only when the car is started. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance,

Drunknmunkyâ„¢

what you need to do is clear the modual, make sure you are using the red wire and black wire from the back of the radio. the cobalt if i am sure you have to use one of the resistors in the package, if so make sure you have the right one installed for the modual. make sure when you plug in back in to make sure that it is in the right programming mode. then make sure that you are taking your time in programming each button too.

second thing i have to ask, are you using say gmrc01 or 02 to turn the unit on

(just to let you know i am a mecp qualifyed installer)

The black wire is connected to ground and the red wire is connected to the red +12V RAP wire from the the wiring harness. What do we connect the resistor to? Not sure if i am using anything else to turn this on.

drunknmunky

WHAT WIRE DID BESIDE THE RED AND BLACK DID IT SAY TO USE AND DID YOU MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAD THE RIGHT VERSION.

AND ARE YOU USING AN INTERFACE (GMRC STYLE INTERFACE) OR DID YOU RUN A WIRE

I AM ALSO TRYING TO LOOK THIS UP ON PACS WEB PAGE TO HELP YOU OUT