AVIC411.com

refurbished Z2 units on eBay

Dont know how far along any of you are with "refurb" units but long story short, Pioneer refurb units are supposed to come with a 3 year warranty now... at least thats what "CCS" says as they are a pioneer direct supplier (for many insurance companies). i believe they valued a refurb Z2 at about $950 w. the 3 year warranty which is 2 years more than a "new unit" warranty...which didnt make much sence to me, but whatever. this is what i am told so im passing it along

chris

I would just like to inform everyone about an eBay purchase I made from a seller by the name of player4ever1987 on January 07, 2008, I was the winning bidder of $793.00 and it has now been, I have yet to recieve my item, and have opened a claim with eBay as well as paypal, anyone else have a bad expierence?

Wow that sucks. But I don't think I would have gone with someone with that seller name. He sounds like a 20 year old who thinks he is a lot cooler then he really is. Hope you get your $ back.

I bought a refurb Z2 for $739.00 from 99cartoons on ebay. They shipped very quickly, and was packaged and sealed directly from Pioneer. I installed it in my '08 Dodge Quad Cab and it works just like new. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Always check feedback before buying anything on Ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys have to remenber that if you buy a radio like the Z2 and is nothing wrong with it, you decide to returned to the store because you need money at the moment or couldn't really buy it because you max your credit card etc. Most of the people says the unit is damage, is freezing etc etc so they can have their money back faster. most of this unit goes to Pioneer to be checked and QC once again, they don't find anything wrong with it after testing it, they can't sell it as new by law so they label them refurbished. I work on a company that does the same steps when we receive "damage items" and we don't only test them by just powering and looking at it. We open the product and test the internal boards with special fixtures that tells us wich resistor, diode, chip etc. is damage, and if we find something wrong we change the complete PCB board and do hard test to it. This goes to radios too.

Just make sure to buy REFURBISHED ITEMS refurbished by the Original Company and not other companies. Companies like Pioneer pays $10,000 for a fixture that test let's say amplifier boards, and they pay much more for more complex PCB boards. other companies doesn't have that equipment they just check the items manually .

I bought a z1 from one of those large ebay stores (can't remember which, but they had a feedback rating of 10K) over a year ago. It was a refurb and the funny thing was that it still had the first owners finger prints all over the screen. It also had that persons music on the drive and their home address in the navigation and the local circuit city (which was in Pennsylvania) saved in the address book. My guess was that it was a circuity city return...evidently the first owner (who was into hardcore rap) didn't like his unit. CC took it back, sent it to Pioneer and they did little more than confirm it worked and sold it out the back door to the ebay store.

A year later and the unit works great...no issues.

I bought a z1 from one of those large ebay stores (can't remember which, but they had a feedback rating of 10K) over a year ago. It was a refurb and the funny thing was that it still had the first owners finger prints all over the screen. It also had that persons music on the drive and their home address in the navigation and the local circuit city (which was in Pennsylvania) saved in the address book. My guess was that it was a circuity city return...evidently the first owner (who was into hardcore rap) didn't like his unit. CC took it back, sent it to Pioneer and they did little more than confirm it worked and sold it out the back door to the ebay store.

A year later and the unit works great...no issues.

Sometimes they send this units to third companies to refurbish them. Look always for people selling SEALED BY PIONEER, they should have a brown tape with pioneer on it, I just received this week 2 refurbished by Pioneer amplifiers and they came in a brown box with the pioneer logo on the side and the pioneer tape to seal the box, and I bought this on ebay from 2 different sellers. I'm waiting on my Avic Z2 refurbished also. by the way the amps doesn't have any marks of previous intallations and they look spanking new

I know it's a bit off topic but... I just got my Z2 from this ebay store...Electronicxpert Inc. I don't want to sound like an advertisment for them, but they were awsome! I was kinda nervous about buying from a basically anonomous seller, as I'm sure others are, so thought I'd help out by letting you all know about my experience with them.

Unit is brand new...1,149.00 total shipped to Canada.

Delivery time...5 days after purchase.

Came with Bluetooth adapter.

So 2 hundred more gets you brand new!