AVIC411.com

Which Ipods are compatible to play Videos from ipod with d3?

Hey guys. Was wondering which Ipod I should buy so that I can download tv shows, music videos, etc. and put them on my ipod. I want to play these then from the ipod to my D3. Is there a certain ipod I need? Anything besides TV OUT on the ipod to be changed? Is there a way to control videos from the D3 or only from the ipod? Thanks!!

Any video ipod will do. You will need to press play on the ipod to start the video, then you can pause/play/rewind/fast forward from the screen of the D3. If you have more than one video in a playlist, you can move to the next movie from the D3 as well. If not, you will have to use the ipod again

• 3 weeks later...

I found out the hard way that my new Nano will not output video to the AVIC D3. After checking with my friend at Apple I found out why. It has to do with the way the newest iPods output video they have a sensing pin that tells them what to do. My Nano just sits there asking to be connected to a video connection. It is explained in this article:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07 ... eview.html

The bottom line is that unless Pioneer comes out with a new iPod cable no new iPod (this includes 3Gen Nanos and 6th Gen iPods) will output video directly to an AVIC. You could get an Apple cable and connect to the video inputs but have no on screen control. So firmware updates are not going to fix your problems. I also confirmed this with Pioneer the tech said new Nanos and Classics are incompatible with the IP200 for video, audio is OK.

Dan