AVIC411.com

I have my GPS installed for about 5 months already. Didnt really have any GPS problem until I disconnected and re-connected my battery last week.

Sometimes the speed that shows on the screen and my GPS position are not accurate.

Let say if I am driving 120km/h on hwy, it will show me I am driving 20km/h on the screen. Also, the GPS sometimes might show I am driving on a different street instead of my actual position. It gives me a lot of headache when I am trying to follow the routes. :(

Check to see if your VSS wire has come disconnected, and if not try resetting the unit. And maybe disconnecting the battery cleared the unit's hybrid learning info and it's had to start over.

I dont know if my theory is right or not but let say the VSS wire has come disconnected, isnt the speed on my screen wont move at all?

I just dont get how come the speed and my gps arent accurate anymore after I disconnect my battery. :S

should I disconnect again?

If the VSS wire come disconnected, it guesses at your speed using it's internal gyros. Which isn't that accurate, hence the need for a VSS input.

I don't have my VSS wire connected right now. The D3 has my speed PERFECTLY matched to my speedometer. I don't think it's using the gyros to calculate speed. It can calculate your speed from the GPS signals - like any hand-held GPS can do.

If the VSS wire come disconnected, it guesses at your speed using it's internal gyros. Which isn't that accurate, hence the need for a VSS input.

I don't have my VSS wire connected right now. The D3 has my speed PERFECTLY matched to my speedometer. I don't think it's using the gyros to calculate speed. It can calculate your speed from the GPS signals - like any hand-held GPS can do.

is that mean there is something wrong with my gps antenna?

I just dont get how it was working perfectly fine before I disconnect the battery

2 SCREENS

CONECTION STATUS AND 3D CALIBRATION.

these 2 screens will tell you how strong of a gps signal ur getting (proving if ur antenna is good) it will have a speed pulse counter (showing if u hooked up vss or not) and all the other system monitoring stuff the avic has.

now to deal with the problems your stating go to 3d calibration and "clear" everything. the unit will relearn ur driving and should fix any wierd issues with navi. good luck

2 SCREENS

CONECTION STATUS AND 3D CALIBRATION.

these 2 screens will tell you how strong of a gps signal ur getting (proving if ur antenna is good) it will have a speed pulse counter (showing if u hooked up vss or not) and all the other system monitoring stuff the avic has.

now to deal with the problems your stating go to 3d calibration and "clear" everything. the unit will relearn ur driving and should fix any wierd issues with navi. good luck

thanks a lot!! I will definitely do that...

Now you remind me something, the installer didnt hook up with VSS since the speed pulse shows me "0" since my deck is bypassed. For the gps signal, it shows me "NOK" I THINK when the gps is acting weird