AVIC411.com

Verizon Phone and Bluetooth

Since this is about Verizon, I thought I would tie in another discussion thread:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12539

This thread states that Verizon phones, with the exception of about 4-6 models issued over the last few years, does not allow wireless transfer of data using bluetooth technology and therefore MOST Verizon phones will not transfer your phone book to the D3.

It also states that there is a good chance Verizon will reverse this blocking policy this year.

I have a verizon LG EnV and was able to connect the phone but it will not allow me to register the phone. The only way I can even use the blooth feature is to dial manually. And I have to connect it each time. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ok, here is something dumb. When you are at the register screen (when your phone is connected, of course lol) You need to press and hold the first (soft key) position until your phone name populates that position. Kind of like setting a radio station preset on most stereos. If you have done that please post back with a little more specifics.

Also make sure that your phone permissions is set up to allow connection with the BTB.

As far as arcuhtek's post above, please do follow his link and read on further. Good info but IMO a little misguided and it is simply because this whole bluetooth and Verizon thing is complicated. I mean no disrespect to brother arcuhtek.

Peace! Two fingers. V

Well I admit my lack of knowledge on my personal verizon phone when dealing with the function of permanent bluetooth power "on."...so that part of the post is resolved. Thank god.

As for the rest of the post, it is not misguided. Whereas my phone does not have object push technology, it is still a fact that very very few Verizon telephones will work with the D3 cell phone address book trasnfer function. In fact, just a handful of phones out of the thousands of models they have sold over the years.

Perhaps misguided in some eyes, but for many new users here...it is invaluable information. Especially if one was about to purchase the D3 or even a veteran D3 user looking for a new Verizon phone.

And if one takes a look at this troubleshooting portion of the forum, it is easy to see that there are a LOT of Verizon users with nice cell phones with object push technology, sitting in their cars scratching their heads.....wondering why they cannot take full advantage of a very expensive tech purchase.