AVIC411.com

Verizon Phone and Bluetooth

So I just got my Avic D3 installed and I am a little pissed that Verizon (razr V3c) won't allow the phone to export the phonebook.

I am on a family plan with my wife and in-laws so the chance of changing providers is slim.

On the other hand I am up for a phone upgrade in January. I will be getting rid of the V3c Razr and I was wondering which Verizon phones will allow the phonebook to be transfered.

Also what is the feature called that allows you to do this? When I am looking at phones they all seem to say bluetooth (including the V3c) but they don't say anything about the phone book transfer.

So I just got my Avic D3 installed and I am a little pissed that Verizon (razr V3c) won't allow the phone to export the phonebook.

I am on a family plan with my wife and in-laws so the chance of changing providers is slim.

On the other hand I am up for a phone upgrade in January. I will be getting rid of the V3c Razr and I was wondering which Verizon phones will allow the phonebook to be transfered.

Also what is the feature called that allows you to do this? When I am looking at phones they all seem to say bluetooth (including the V3c) but they don't say anything about the phone book transfer.

I'm not sure if this is even the correct forum. Let me know if I should post it in the regular D3 forum.

• 1 month later...

so you just took it to the verizon place and asked for a software update for bluetooth??? was it free?

My verizon LG phone wont transfer any #'s, whenever I got to phonebook transfer it just disconnects the bluetooth connection and wont connect back til I turn off the D3 and turn it back on

so you just took it to the verizon place and asked for a software update for bluetooth??? was it free?

My verizon LG phone wont transfer any #'s, whenever I got to phonebook transfer it just disconnects the bluetooth connection and wont connect back til I turn off the D3 and turn it back on

Not knowing which LG you have but knowing LG's I suggest this:

FIRST AND FOREMOST. Go to MENU --> SETTINGS AND TOOLS --> BLUETOOTH MENU. With "Add New Device" highlighted hit options button and choose SUPPORTED PROFILES.

If you have OBJECT PUSH as a profile you should be able to transfer contacts.

When you go to the phonebook transfer screen it is supposed to disconnect. It is at that point you are to do transfer from the PHONE TO THE BTB (just be clear here that the D3 is just the visual interface) and there is no START button as pg. 15 in the manual says there is.

On the LG's there are two ways to transfer. If you have a newer phone then tr:.

1. At the D3 Go to the transfer screen. Your phone will disconnect.

2. If your phone has this option go to a contact in your contacts, hit option (or something similar), choose SEND NAME CARD via bluetooth, choose the "Pioneer BT unit2" The phone should start working on it and then the D3 screen will acknowledge receipt.

If that does not work then:

Go To Tools and and settings choose bluetooth as you did when checking for profiles.

1. Highlight the Pioneer BT Unit2 and select options and find SEND NAME CARD.

That should get you hooked up. You may have to do each contact one by one.